SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Price Drop - vintage drip edge 1968 Fender Twin £750

What's Hot
PinstripePhilPinstripePhil Frets: 98
edited August 2016 in Amps £

Original 1968 Twin with vintage Celestion G12-100 speakers. Pics below. 

Price dropped to £750. 

Cheers,
Phil

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4743
    Shouldn't you be out being a fat cat somewhere.................nice tone btw.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SickSquidSickSquid Frets: 152
    rlw said:
    judging by that backdrop he may be out doing other things
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlw said:
    lol. :+1: 

Saw your thread about wanting an anp that does EC early tones, Cream era, etc. Well here it is. Make me an offer. You would love it. 'Cause that's all this set up does. The vintage Celestions seem to be the secret sauce. Cheers. :+1: 
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4743
    rlw said:
    lol. :+1: 

Saw your thread about wanting an anp that does EC early tones, Cream era, etc. Well here it is. Make me an offer. You would love it. 'Cause that's all this set up does. The vintage Celestions seem to be the secret sauce. Cheers. :+1: 
    Sounds fab but maybe a bit big and a bit too loud...maybe :-)
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • Well it is a gigging set up to be honest mate. But with the hotplate and baffle it really isn't all that loud. Small pub? No problem. And it has the tone. In buckets. Killer. 
  • Price Drop and Bump.  Going on eBay also this week as separate items.  :+1: 
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 341
    Great price
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31021
    I like this Beano rig.

It lokks absolutely dandy.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CyberlawyerCyberlawyer Frets: 116
    Got to play through this amp when I recently picked up the Tone King Phil had for sale on this forum and I can confirm it's a killer sound.

Phil is also a top guy to deal with so buy with confidence.
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Has nobody ever commented on the name of the solicitors firm on the wall of the video? I mean, come on... Someone must have thought this might attract the wrong type of clientele. 
  • Bump-a-roo
  • And thanks for the nice comments! :+1: 
  • PinstripePhilPinstripePhil Frets: 98
    edited August 2016
    Bump - price dropped to £1250.  A pretty good deal I think.  All now about to go on ebay so once an item is gone I will have to take this package deal down.  If you ever wanted a Beano rig then this is it.  Otherwise, thanks for looking.  :+1: 
  • Call me a pedant but wasn't the Beano album (assuming that's what is being referred to) recorded with a Les Paul into a Marshall 1962 combo. Not that this rig doesn't sound good...
  • PinstripePhilPinstripePhil Frets: 98
    edited August 2016
    Call me a pedant but wasn't the Beano album (assuming that's what is being referred to) recorded with a Les Paul into a Marshall 1962 combo. Not that this rig doesn't sound good...
    Who knows.  lol.
    You sold your BBreaker (I think?).  Did it sound as close as this rig?  I've had many BBreakers - old and new - this rig kills 'em.  No friggin idea why.
    I did hear Peter Green used one of these 68 twins on the Hard Road album; but who knows.  Same sort of tone.  BBreakers are very hit and miss and often the best ones are the 4x10 vintage combos.  They are pretty rare though.  And dam expensive.
    SG/Les Paul - pretty similar tones really provided you have got a good one.  The Tokai isn't pretending to be anything special, but to my ear it sounds pretty good.  I did the vid (on an iphone - no magic there) so people can judge for themselves.  Thought it might be helpful.
    Cheers!  :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Call me a pedant but wasn't the Beano album (assuming that's what is being referred to) recorded with a Les Paul into a Marshall 1962 combo. Not that this rig doesn't sound good...
    Who knows.  lol.

Well most people know, there are pictures :)   Now whether there was a treble booster....

You've put "Beano tone rig" so if it's getting that sound that's fair enough...and as I said it does sound great. I was just being a tad pedantic. If it wasn't for the weight of the twin I might have been interested in that part of it.

Yes I sold the Blusbreaker, mainly because it was too heavy and it was sitting in my spare room as I'd rather take out a smaller amp and save my already bad back! The tones were great. I actually found with a strat it gave a good Hendrix tone...cue hours of pointless (and not very good) widdlying with a fuzz, wah and univibe!

GLWS anyway

• Nice one!
    the Twin is on wheels so it's only a matter of lifting it in and out of the car really. And that is easy enough. It isn't actually as heavy as people think. And nothing like a BBreaker RI. They are crazy heavy. 
    I had a 2013 Anniversary BBreaker. Mighty heavy and cool sounding only until the speakers broke in. Could only get the tone at crazy volume too which was impractical. 
    I did a treble booster or no treble booster video back then. You decide. :+1: 

• That was a 10k rig btw. lol. And the rig for sale kills it. Just sayin...
  • Maybe even your eBay links or something, so we can see more detail/pictures?