Another Home Amp Thread....>Now a NAD!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11472
    Have you got decent speakers for your PC?  If you have then another option is to get an audio interface and some amp simulation software.  Someone was selling a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 in the classifieds the other day that would do the job.

Before I got my Kemper I found that the freebie version of Amplitube sounded quite decent - definitely better than my old Pod X3.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28736
    d8m said:

I imagine if I went for the micro I'd probably have to run it at near enough max volume to play along with my hifi
    How loud do you have the hifi?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    crunchman said:
    Have you got decent speakers for your PC?  If you have then another option is to get an audio interface and some amp simulation software.  Someone was selling a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 in the classifieds the other day that would do the job.

Before I got my Kemper I found that the freebie version of Amplitube sounded quite decent - definitely better than my old Pod X3.
    Looked at this option but I'd rather stay away from PC options, computer is on its last legs anyway!

Sporky said:
    d8m said:

I imagine if I went for the micro I'd probably have to run it at near enough max volume to play along with my hifi
    Moderately loud, enough you couldn't have a conversation over it.

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2482
    Sporky said:
    d8m said:

Actually this is where the yamaha THR10 shines IMHO, when you add in a backing track from your phone or similar. The guitar sits right in the mix, I assume because it's quite "hifi" as opposed to guitar amp.

Personally I find I'm spending more time with a Zoom G1on pedal and headphones at the moment though. It is bloody brilliant for the less than £30 I bought it for second hand.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    edited July 2016
    Just goes to prove the Youtube videos and reading up cannot compare to trying and listening with your own ear.
    Popped into my local shop after work and tried a Cube and ID core.

I now have an ID:Core  sat next to my HT-5210!

Great sounding amp and is definitely loud enough for my purposes

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Can't beat the ID series!
    Hopefully I'll play more now because I can get  gain at sensible volume ☺️

• nick79nick79 Frets: 260
    Nice one, they are pretty good aren't they. Sound much bigger than you expect and really good even at low volume.
    nick79 said:
    Nice one, they are pretty good aren't they. Sound much bigger than you expect and really good even at low volume.
    Yeh :)

I tried the fly 3 just for comparison and was pretty impressed by that as well but the Id cores were in a different league.

I was jamming away in the shop(guitar shop riffs) and thought the volume was all the way, nearly fell of the stool when i discovered is was only halfway.

ID has taken prime spot my my desk for convenient home jamming.

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    I currently gig with an ID260
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Why not just get an attenuator? I have the Jettenuator (sic) and use it with my Peavey Classic 30 in a flat. I have the amp running halfway, and get whisper level out of the speaker using it.

I did consider this but at the moment the bigger amp is actually packed to an extent so to play it I need to move it out and plug it in, I then may only get 5 mins to play which is barely time to get the valves going.

Having a smaller amp means it can just be left out ready to play.