Tremolo Pedal?

asimmdasimmd Frets: 115
To me Tremolo pedals are just Tremolo Pedals but there are a lot of different ones to
choose from.

I am going for the Boss TR2 would anyone choose something different?
And why.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Well, the boss tr-2 is a great trem sound. But it's limited - only has one wave shape, for example. 

However, if you want a simple, classic sounding trem the tr-2 is excellent. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28312
    edited July 2016
    Some people also hear a volume drop with the TR-2. If you do it's not hard to rectify.

There are other tremolos because people want different things. If I didn't have the Helix I'd probably have a Nova Modulator again.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • asimmdasimmd Frets: 115
    Thanks Guys
    I just need a basic Tremolo to do some Duane Eddy stuff.

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I picked up a Source Audio Vertigo recently and very nice it is too. The harmonic mode is fab. I think I might even prefer it to my beloved Jack Rabbit.
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    Well, the boss tr-2 is a great trem sound. But it's limited - only has one wave shape, for example. 

However, if you want a simple, classic sounding trem the tr-2 is excellent. 
    I have a TR-2 and it is indeed excellent. It has a "Wave" control which does change the wave shape somewhat (from triangle to square, say Boss) but even on "square" you can still hear that it's "smoothing" the edges a touch, which is annoying if you're after a stutter effect.

asimmd said:

I am going for the Boss TR2 would anyone choose something different?
    And why.
    I also bought a Electro Harmonix Super Pulsar the other day, which does way, way more and is lots of fun - in the usual EHX way, there are some almost unusably extreme settings, and so dialling in a basic trem sound is harder, but there are some lovely, subtly different sounds in there. You can program your own patterns, it has tap tempo and selectable sub-divisions, and you can plug an expression pedal into it and choose which param to vary. That said - I wouldn't gig with it. It's needed rebooting several times while in use so far, and I've not had it long, and it doesn't feel particularly well put together. If I was gigging I'd be looking at the Empress Tremelo2.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    If it's basic rock & roll you're after, the TR-2 will serve you very well.
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Yeah, I love the TR-2. Great all-rounder trem with no bells or whistles and it sounds excellent.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    The old Danelectro Tuna Melt was good but it was in a plastic case and looked thrown together. Giggable though- just! 

Get the Boss and you won't have any issues like that obviously. 

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12902
    The Boss is an excellent place to start.

If you get one and don't like it then you can use the "what don't I like" info as a guide to choose something different.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    simonk said:
    I picked up a Source Audio Vertigo recently and very nice it is too. The harmonic mode is fab. I think I might even prefer it to my beloved Jack Rabbit.
    I have one for sale if anyone is looking :)
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    I adore my Lovepedal Babyface Trem - great sounds, and compact
  • asimmdasimmd Frets: 115
    Thanks everyone.
    Just scored a Boss TR-2 for £40 plus postage so I'm happy now.
    Thanks for the comments.