Fender blues deluxe tweed cover varnish to seal?

What's Hot
capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
I would like to seal and coat the tweed on my smokey tweed special edition Fender blues deluxe and get a Lazy J style finish on the tweed any suggestions? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72674
    High gloss Ronseal.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Does it do exactly what it says on the tin? 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3927
    Shellac, presumably.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72674
    capo4th said:
    Does it do exactly what it says on the tin? 
    Dunno - does it say that it makes a sticky mess of everything it touches that isn't Fender Tweed?

:)

Horrible stuff on wood, but it seems to work on Tweed amps.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You'll need to do a before and after recording to demo the 'undoubted' sonic impact this will have on the resonant frequencies achieved by your cab. Could be the next big thing -  i can see all those Lazy J owners  nervously hovering around the big investment - paint brush /  shellac at the ready ;)
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5073
    lespaulcustom68 said: Could be the next big thing -  i can see all those Lazy J owners  nervously hovering around the big investment - paint brush /  shellac at the ready ;)
    ??  Lazy Js are already lacquered.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Tonal improvements were not really on my radar