Just found a G12-80

What's Hot
HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
Just mooching around my spare room and found an original G12-80, Its one I forgot I had. Havnt had chance to try it yet but seem to remember the 4x12 this came from sounded absolute killer with my JMP 2203. Thing is its a 444 cone, Any good for lead, maybe mixed with a g12-65 with 1777 cone? not had chance to try it yet
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7802
    Will be good, I have one mixed with creamback 75. 
  • HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    edited July 2016
    at the moment im using 2 original G12-65's but very tempted to mix the 80 with a 65 just to try it

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72672
    One of the best pairings there is with a late-JMP or JCM800 MV amp.

For best results use a 2203 and a 1960A with 65s on top of a 1982B with 80s :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    Iv got a 1982A with 4x g12-65, just need to find 3 more 80's and a b cab now then ha ha. im not sure what happened to the other 3 80's i had, all sold along the way i suppose

• I have a pair of old G12-100s in an old Twin.  Killer sounding.  Amazing what a good speaker (or two) can do.  I think a lot of that old sound was more the speakers than old pafs; though the pafs do add a certain plummy-ness.