Which Fender Amp.

What's Hot
olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
I am soon to be coming into a bit of money and wanted to get a new amp. I already have a Blackheart Litre Giant and want to get something more Fender like as all of my favourite artists use them. I wanted to know the main differences in tone and features between the following amps and if there is anything that would roughly get the tone of all of them in one amp. 

1. Tweed Deluxe 5E3 (Neil Young, I know his is different, but it can still get into the same sort of sound) 
2. Silverface Twin Reverb (Jack White) 
3. Fender Bassman 6G6-A (Stephen Stills) 

Other requirements is that it must sound good at Bedroom Volumes and must have reverb. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    I'd go for a deluxe reverb and a couple of pedals, lovepedal, and a few other makers will get you things that will change the sound a bit.

Easier to make a blackface sound like a tweed/baseman than make either of them sound like a blackface, and a deluxe reverb is a twin that isn't as heavy and isn't as loud but is still loud enough, and sounds better at all volumes imo.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Mkjackary said:
    I'd go for a deluxe reverb and a couple of pedals, lovepedal, and a few other makers will get you things that will change the sound a bit.
    Easier to make a blackface sound like a tweed/baseman than make either of them sound like a blackface, and a deluxe reverb is a twin that isn't as heavy and isn't as loud but is still loud enough, and sounds better at all volumes imo.
    So if I go for a Silverface Deluxe Reverb,  what pedals would you recommend? 

• Mkjackary said:
    So if I go for a Silverface Deluxe Reverb,  what pedals would you recommend? 

Catalinbread formula no.5 will get you into Neil Young 5e3 territory! 
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72673
    Hotrod Deluxe

Jack White - clean channel (treble and bass up, mids down)
    Stephen Stills - Drive channel (mids up, treble and bass down)
    Neil Young - More Drive channel (and turn the bass full up, which you normally wouldn't want to)

Bedroom volume can sometimes be tricky because the volume controls have quite a steep taper at the bottom end and some people find them difficult to dial in finely enough - but this is very easily fixed with a simple volume box or EQ pedal in the FX loop.

Reverb - yes

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9891
    I'd recommend the Hot Rod Deluxe or Seville too, my favourite overall amp I've ever had (and I currently have a Princeton...).

I play a lot of Jack White and I have been told I sound similar to Neil Young style on a few occasions and I managed all of that on the hot rod without pedals
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30951
    The Lazy J on here for sale.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9891
    Using a twin for the Jack White sound will deafen you by the way, you have to crank and boost it to buggery
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1622
    That Deluxe Reverb is an excellent shout with a Bearfoot SYOD3. I can get very close to my Lazy j20 with that pedal into my silverface DR

• noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 806
    edited July 2016
    I use a subdecay liquid sunshine with a blackface deluxe reverb and have been very happy with the Neil-flavoured sounds, both at bedroom volume and playing out. I'd add that if you're planning to be playing at very low volumes a lot of the time, it's probably worth checking the background noise levels of any amp you're considering, as some (particularly valve) amps can be hissier/hummier than others even with the volume at zero. In my own experience both the hotrod deluxe and 65 (blackface) reissue deluxe reverb have very low background noise levels. Oh, and the reverb on the DRRI is amazing even with a stock accutronics tank - yet to hear a pedal or plugin that properly nails it.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    A Super Reverb...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>