SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Fractal Expression Pedal EV1 Black £100

What's Hot
wellsyboywellsyboy Frets: 453
edited December 2017 in FX £
I tried - I really tried!!!! but I can't get my head around the FX8 - I guess I just prefer twiddling knobs - it sounds GREAT but I'm going back to a G2 pedal setup. So up for sale are my FX8 in mint condition boxed; an EV1 expression pedal ands some kick tabs

I want

FX8 - £850 posted
EV1 Pedal £100 posted
*Kick tabs £50 the lot (unused) - SOLD*

https://www.dropbox.com/s/np0po78qbg3z2u2/IMG_3871.jpg?raw=1

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wellsyboywellsyboy Frets: 453
    apologies I realise this is within 48 hours and don't mean this as a bump but I posted the prices incorrectly!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1817
    I'll take the kicktags mate.

Pm me your paypal deets
    Okey doke 
    Price drop bump
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1007
    Are you coming to the east Anglia meet up next Saturday? I'm interested in this but haven't had a chance to demo know in person yet. 
    Sorry no I'm not - actually I knew nothing about it! Whereabouts are you?
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9591
    Steve, I was thinking of selling my FX8 after the arrival of the AX8 !

I'll hold fire why yours is here.

And I'll say again to potential buyers, the FX8 changed my whole musical life. A stunning device.
    I'm in Suffolk near Ipswich. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Top guy selling this too, kicktags arrived this morning which is super quick and are in mint condition, I would imagine that the FX8 and the EV1 are in the same condition and are therefore as new!

I wobbled a few weeks back with the FX8 but as Waz says, it has transformed my rig.. 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    sooooooooooooooooooooo tempted
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I'm in Suffolk near Ipswich. 
    My brother sometimes works in Ipswich - may be up there again soon.
    I'd be really interested to compare it to my Helix. I find the Helix's reverbs lacking somewhat. 

What are the differences between the MK1 and MK2 FX8's? Do they sound the same/run the same firmware?
    Same firmware I haven't tried the Mark 2 but I understand there were some sarcastic comments about the upgraded unit being premature in as much as there is very little difference -

from their website:

"In comparison to the original FX8, the new Mark II has an all-black aircraft aluminum bezel and end panels, improved top-panel silkscreen design, an 18dB instrument input pad option, and an even lower noise floor."

All the effects are outstanding - reverbs stunning - for a testimonial speak to Wazmeister

I'm only getting rid of it because I can't honestly be arsed with fiddling - I'm going back to twiddling knobs!

I actually prefer the looks and button layout/operation of the MK 1...

The reverb, by the way, is simply stunning - especially with drives.
    yep, don;t get fooled into thinking the MKII is better/different - OK, its has a slightly different button layout and an updated input buffer for high gain guitars and Bass.

All of the effects etc are exactly the same...

I had a right whinge on their forum about it which probably went against the grain as I wasn't all gushing about it
    edited August 2016
    The MK 2 was an undoubtedly disappointing update, but as the guys have already said, you cannot say anything negative on the Fractal Forum !!! ;)
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    I assume patches/scenes can have the pedal change from Volume to Wah to expression too? Sorely tempted by this but just bought a Suhr and selling 2 guitars to justify that never mind buying more stuff :) Read a lot of stuff on here about these today and still keen. May be in touch :)

If it is that good, selling pedals should cover most of it ... 

its a bugger that justification thing!!! :'(
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    wellsyboy said:
    its a bugger that justification thing!!! :'(
    I've decided I'm dead good at it heh - There's a lot of interest in my Kotzen Tele so may not be too long :D Just watching Tom Quayle's vid on it

I'm hoping to get a chance to try an FX8 at the east anglian meet up this saturday so depending on how it goes I could be really interested in this if it's still around after the weekend.