Hondo II Professional Les Paul - anybody know anything about them?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SargeSarge Frets: 2429

@guitars4you as far as I can tell that shape was first done by Vantage and Memphis, both Mats.
    For me they still have something most new guitars just can't deliver looks wise.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14566
    tFB Trader
    Sarge said:

@guitars4you as far as I can tell that shape was first done by Vantage and Memphis, both Mats.
    For me they still have something most new guitars just can't deliver looks wise.
    crikey I forgot about Vantage - sold a few of those over the years - we should start an 'all our yesterdays' nostalgia blog
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3818
    ICBM said:
    Sarge said:
    Ah then it's a 1980 model.
    They were quick off the mark given that it's a 'The Paul' copy and I don't think those came out until late 1978!
    Funny thing that after you posted that it was a 'The Paul' copy, one popped up on my Facebook newsfeed.

After £125 for this, btw.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    @Sarge - one thing I like about this forum is that to many it is just a Hondo 11 - To others it is an H1020 with MMK45 p/ups - whatever the subject it is, there is an enthusiastic trainspotter who knows it inside out - Love it - Educational for me as well
  • The Hondo 335 copies were decent for a few hundred quid. 
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8038
    Ah, SD Curlees...love them. Here are a few of mine...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9703
    edited July 2016
    That double-cut, through-neck, natural wood finish look was very popular at the beginning of the 80s. Always seemed higher quality than the typical black Les Paul Custom copy thing, which was also big at the time.
    tFB Trader
    Sold a few of the basses in the early 80's - can't recall prices at the time - Can't recall the guitars selling as well as the basses - Look cool don't they - Never sold new intermusik backline 
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8038
    The bass on the right is a real old workhorse - since 1982 (when it was purchased new), it's belonged to a number of my friends (and myself several times) - been gigged all over the place. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/