What to next, gear wise

What's Hot
CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
As a consequence of having a 5 month old baby and work being fairly manic, I'm not getting much time to play at the moment.  I pretty much just play at rehearsal's every few weeks and then gigs.

So I have thinned down my amps to just be left with my Cornford MK50.  Without much practice time, I am finding it very unforgiving though.

I can't see any more time freeing up to practice so does anyone have any thoughts on what I could do?

What sort of amps are in the same ballpark, sound and quality wise, but might give me a bit more room for error?

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Blow 40 odd quid on a Blackstar Fly. I have young children and a studio full of lovely amps, yet I find myself playing the Fly at home more than anything else.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited August 2016
    If funds permit I'd recommend going for one of the Core ID range. plenty loud enough for home use and have a few built in effects.

I found myself in a vary similar position, big amp, small house, low volume doesn't sound particularly good which in turn was  putting me off playing. I picked up the ID20 last week and have played everyday! it's really reignited my playing/practice regime.

• CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Thanks.

I've had a Pod HD and still have an iRig HD around somewhere that I never really got on with though.

I'm just not finding I have any time to practice, so it's not so much a volume problem.

I guess I really want thoughts on a gigging amp that is on par with the Cornford but just easier to play.  Don't mind spending a bit, as will probably buy second hand and can sell later.