Blackstar ID 15 TVP

What's Hot
capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
Thoughts on this for my son for his bedroom? Like the fact is has various models and some effects and a headphone jack and seems to get sensible reviews.

No time to go and play one anyone who has please chime in thanks in advance.

https://www.blackstaramps.com/products/id15-tvp
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• longilongi Frets: 95
    I love my ID15, it has a couple of minor drawback like no effects loop but it sounds very good and no extention speaker connection but other than that it sounds great, is easy to use and is cheap and reliable.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Thanks @longhi anyone else own this gem of an amp ?
  • longi said:
    no effects loop
    Don't know if it's true of the 15, but at least some of the ID amps have an option to use the emulated out and line in sockets as an effects loop ( @ecc83 ? ).  Obviously you can't use the emulated out or line in while you're using the loop though.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited August 2016
    I tried this one out when looking for a smaller practice amp. Its more than loud enough for the bedroom, especially with the TVP engaged. It was actually louder than I required which Is why I went for the ID:core. Nice bit of kit though, specially the way you can emulate different valves.

You can get a nifty footswitch for the TVP range that allows you to switch patches/turn off the effects and has a built in tuner

• longilongi Frets: 95
    longi said:
    no effects loop
    Don't know if it's true of the 15, but at least some of the ID amps have an option to use the emulated out and line in sockets as an effects loop ( @ecc83 ? ).  Obviously you can't use the emulated out or line in while you're using the loop though.

The emulated effects loop is only on the 60/100 260TVP's.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3907
    I've got the 30 and it's fantastic. Best home amp I've had having owned  a Mustang, THR, Cube and various others.
  • longi said:
    longi said:
    no effects loop

The emulated effects loop is only on the 60/100 260TVP's.
    Ah, fair enough - I did wonder if it was only on the bigger ones.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Deadman said:
    I've got the 30 and it's fantastic. Best home amp I've had having owned  a Mustang, THR, Cube and various others.
    Good stuff I had a Yamaha THR10C I sold it sounded like a tin can.

All the demos sound good it's a cheap amp for my son but I don't want to buy twice