What are you paying for Sky TV

What's Hot
capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
Full package HD Sky movies Sky Sports Kids channels Sky fibre broadband and phone line rental. 

Sky want £83 a month is this good or should I negotiate more? 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The bastards, that's more than I'm paying for that but with non-HD and no kids channel!!! I will be speaking to them!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Please all call Sky tomorrow after I have finalised my deal 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Nothing by Autumn, going to cancel it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28407
    Nothing.

They took 10 days to turn my broadband back on after a clown in the exchange turned it off. Four cancelled "engineer" visits. Then when I closed my account they left the caller ID and voicemail services running, and twice sent debt collectors after me for not paying for services on a phone line I no longer had.

I will never use Sky again.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    capo4th said:
    Full package HD Sky movies Sky Sports Kids channels Sky fibre broadband and phone line rental. 

Sky want £83 a month is this good or should I negotiate more? 
    I'd say that's pretty decent. 

I've just moved my broadband over to them - and it will be costing me £103 a month - and that's with movies added at £5 a month and normal shit broadband for £5 a month too - so it's basically costing me the same (£83) for our normal TV package, which is everything but the movies.

I will be calling them when the movies offer of £5 a month is up to moan at them to say they're too expensive in hope that they will reduce it for 6 months. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Last time I cancelled, Sky phoned every couple of weeks, eventually I got all the Channels for £20 a month for one year and then cancelled again ;)
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    Hmm

£64.07 / month.

Inc line rental and unlimited anytime calls to landlines and mobiles.

Fibre broadband (averages 30-40 mb/sec)

Basic Sky+ package, ie no movies, no kids channel etc.

Rob
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7344
    Fuck that. I'm paying £23 to virgin for 150mb Internet and a phone line.
    TV can't be worth £60 more than that a month surely?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    I couldn't believe the price of a package from them. I ended up getting broadband and a landline number from Virgin for £48 a month. I watch Netflix most of the time as well as the other streaming providers (4, iPlayer) and freeview for anything else. Much cheaper and don't have to worry about adverts most of the time.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Jesus, and I thought £40 a month for Virgin was raping us. We get 50 meg fibre broadband, phone line with free evening & weekend calls and a basic tv package with TiVo box. 
    DefaultM said:
    Fuck that. I'm paying £23 to virgin for 150mb Internet and a phone line.
    TV can't be worth £60 more than that a month surely?
    Nearly half of that is for sport, which is, I believe £24 a month for that package.

their cinema/movies package is pretty decent from what I can tell the last few days, 1000's of films on demand, which equates to £10-12 a month (at full price) - so not much different to the top Netflix package nowadays (and the films choice is much better) - plenty of tv boxsets too - so for the standard user who doesn't have netflix, there's a lot of content. 

For all their faults (Murdoch is a cunt, obvz) - Sky's TV is very comprehensive and the user experience is good from personal experience. Of course, it would be nice if it was cheaper, but not much chance of that these days. 

It's obviously not for everyone though...and I can see why some people would scoff at the price. 
    Kodi is your friend, though i didn't type that ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    We cancelled it earlier in the year. Even though we had a fairly basic package, most of it was shit. Even the few documentary channels that used to be good ended up mostly showing stupid reality programmes.
      It's horribly overpriced at every level and I don't miss it at all.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    I was paying £60 a month for Sky+ with sports and movies, broadband and phoneline. It was a great deal.

It's about to end, and when I phoned up saying I needed to knock the bill down a bit due to baby, but was happy to lose stuff they only seemed capable of offering me what I've got for more, or what I currently pay for less. I hung up and tried someone else, but same deal, so I'm off to BT with a really good deal they had running.

They then text me threatening to charge an unspecified amount of money for transferring my phone line whilst in contract, on the date the fellow on the phone had told me to.

I find the interface on the Sky+ box horrendously bad. I won't miss it. You also need to pay the extra for HD sports in my experience. Most of the non-HD channels look fine, but the non-HD sport channels look like Megadrive games. I'm sure it's a coincidence, not  way to sell the HD "upgrade" for an extra fiver.
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    What @lasermonkey said. I'm still with them for broadband but use Netflix and freeview for tv. 
    sweepy said:
    Kodi is your friend, though i didn't type that ;)
    If I ever get round to sorting out a Raspberry Pi, I may look at that...trouble is, my broadband is fucking atrocious - so on demand stuff can be a bit painful. Until that's sorted I'll probably have to stay with Sky. 
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    We still have the Sky box, which gives us a few free channels, plus the Freeview channels in the TV. While there's a certain amount of overlap, annoyingly there are a number of channels which are exclusive to each. Still, for free, it seems churlish to complain!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I like the service broadband is good and quick and I like the Sky user experience. I watch Sky movies and Sky sports and like HD tv.  Maybe £83 is a good deal. 
  • Fk me. I've never had Sky, just freeview and had no idea it was so much. Over a year that's a nice guitar or a week on the beach.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9568
    £71