NPD - amplifire

What's Hot
John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w617/johnpinchin2/112940EA-1EB1-4D0C-A483-09E557FF4523_zpsssu1lcfo.jpg

Arrived this morning and had a good play with it - very impressed so far.     Key for me was discovering that the footswitches are assignable to almost anything and have two states so I've set mine up to have four patches on two switches and the third switch as a lead sound for each patch - giving me quick access to eight sounds. 
The editing by screen is a bit painful but the computer editor is ok - clunky compared to fractal but very useable. 
Sounds out of the box needed plenty of tweaking and as usual I need to hear in loud on stage but I'm really impressed.  Not sure it's as good as the ax8 but I've had that a few months.    The effects are a mixed bag - chorus isn't great so far but I'm getting some ok trem, echo and reverbs.    Hopefully they'll continue to update those.

Now to add a tuner and wah/vol to the baby board.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You know there's a tuner built in yeh?  If I remember rightly, you hold down footswitch 3 and it goes in to tuner mode, pretty decent tuner too
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    You know there's a tuner built in yeh?  If I remember rightly, you hold down footswitch 3 and it goes in to tuner mode, pretty decent tuner too
    Yes hold fs3 but I don't think I could read it on stage so polytune mini ftw.   
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thats what i used too tbh just because im so used to using the polytune. Since ended up going back to using valve amp and a few pedals but the other guitarist in the band is still using his Amplifire.

defo worth loading in some ir's if you can. Ive got some Redwirez can IR's if you want me to email you them. Marshall basketweave 412, Orange PPC412 and Vox 212 with alnico blues.

pm me if so :)