SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fender mex Thinline Telecaster '69 with Custom Shop Blackguard pickups FIINAL PRICE DROP

What's Hot
HPhillipsmusicHPhillipsmusic Frets: 193
edited October 2016 in Guitars £
Reluctantly selling my mexican 69 Thinline. I truly believe this to be one of the most versatile guitars out there. Running solely into a blackface reissue I can get country twang, fierce delta blues, smooth jazz and archtop esque tones purely by rolling off tone and pick up selection. 

I replaced the pickups to a set of Custom Shop Blackguard pick ups which I believe are a fairly new addition to the fender pickup family. I love them, they've got a lot of character and are very responsive to finger picking, can get beautiful cleans and then some real gritty spank out of them just by playing soft or hard. I do have some Texas Special pups that I could put in for £60 off the price of the guitar if someone would prefer.

I bought the guitar from Vintage and Rare in Bath, who gave it an extensive set up built around having 11's on it. Intonation is good, there is no damage to the guitar other than the usual nicks and scratches. I've used it a lot but it's always been looked after. It currently has a set of flat wounds on it as i've been using it for jazz, but I'm happy to throw in a set of Elixirs if preferred. 

I bought the guitar for £700, and the blackguard pups cost me £150 when I bought them, so I've set the price at(PRICE DROP TO £400) with the Texas Specials on. Happy too meet up to an hour from me for serious buyers, im based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (about 20 minutes north of Watford). 

https://www.facebook.com/harryphillipsmusic/photos/a.594024190638593.1073741828.593032927404386/1249461458428193/?type=3&theater

More pictures available on request.

Many thanks
Harry
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments