Compressor first, then wah

What's Hot
DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4612
I'm liking this set up at the moment. The sustain from the comp (fender micro) pushes the dimebag cbfh majestically
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• exocetexocet Frets: 1967
    I think that this works well. When I place wah before compressor I find that the comp flattens the peak produced by the wah making it harder to play the wah expressively.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7570
    edited August 2016
    exocet said:
    I think that this works well. When I place wah before compressor I find that the comp flattens the peak produced by the wah making it harder to play the wah expressively.
    Turn the compressor off then? surely wah-ing is about dynamics - what's the comp for in that setting? 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1967
    TimmyO said:
    exocet said:
    Turn the compressor off then? surely wah-ing is about dynamics - what's the comp for in that setting? 
    I tend to leave the comp on all the time when playing a Strat. I find switching Comp off at same time as Wah on a little tricky.....it's one of those things that may well push me down the Helix route... 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom