Different editors, different layouts

Since the update the forum has been much easier to use on my Android phone.
However, I noticed something today and wonder if the admin can help out?

On the same phone (Oneplus 2) I have both Chrome and Chrome Beta browsers. I usually use Chrome but somehow opened Chrome Beta and noticed differences to the layout and editor. Which one is correct? Both are set to desktop view which is how I always use the site on my phone/tablet.

Top one is Chrome, bottom is Chrome Beta

http://imgur.com/lf18XPx.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5584
    And yes, I have refreshed Chrome Beta many times but the editor remains the same.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26925
    Seems to me that the second one is reporting itself as a desktop browser, so you're getting the desktop version of the editor.
    <space for hire>
    Seems to me that the second one is reporting itself as a desktop browser, so you're getting the desktop version of the editor.
    It loads up in mobile view and I changed it to desktop, same as in Chrome. End result is different?

Try them both in landscape view.
    <space for hire>
    Top Chrome
    Bottom Chrome Beta
    Both landscape
    Which one is correct?

https://imgur.com/fjEiYdN.jpg

edited August 2016
    It's not a case of "correct" or "incorrect" - it entirely depends on how much width the browser reports to the site, given that it's a responsive layout. These things are always a bit unpredictable when you're pretending a mobile browser is actually a desktop browser.

If you want to see it in action, try it on a desktop computer - open up the site, then shrink the window horizontally and you'll see the editor switch layouts to preserve the toolbar as the window gets smaller. It's exactly the same editor, it's just trying to cope with the width of the screen.
    <space for hire>
    Ok. I used to use Chrome Beta on my mobile before the site update as there were things that didn't work on Chrome. I might go back to Beta if it's loading the editor properly.
    One problem I'm having on mobile is typing out a response, pressing 'post comment', then getting the message 'body required'. Only solution is to copy all the text, refresh the page, paste the text then repost the comment. I've had to do this twice this morning. Perhaps this will stop if I use Beta.