Tremolo postion

What's Hot
m1ck1970m1ck1970 Frets: 53
Hi All,
Please can somebody advise me of the best place to put a tremolo pedal in an effects signal chain?
I currently have a standard chain of compressor-octave-overdrives-modulation-delay-reverb.
All opinions will be greatly appreciated ;)

Many thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 2963
    edited August 2016 tFB Trader
    I have mine after dirt (and before delay & reverb) 'cos it keeps the drive consistent, if in front of 'em the guitar level hitting the dirt rises/falls so the drive changes as it does. Just a preference though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    I'd have it after modulation, before delay, in your chain. I love experimenting with trem placements and you can get some cool sounds wherever you put them, but that would work the best for me. 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    Corvus said:
    I have mine after dirt (and before delay & reverb) 'cos it keeps the drive consistent, if in front of 'em the guitar level hitting the dirt rises/falls so the drive changes as it does. Just a preference though.
    And I have it before dirt for that exact reason. 
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I generally have it after delay but before reverb. It can be extremely good pre dirt too though.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5174
    I think mine is right at the end of the chain, after reverb but before a final level boost. 

When I built it I posted a thread asking which way round it was in Fender amps, and that was the answer I got. 

I do quite like putting it before delay though- set it to a choppy square wave and play slightly ahead of its beats and you can get it to cut the attack off your notes for a sequenced synth-y, very un-guitar-y sound (add fuzz, octave and modulation for extra synth points).

Agree though, you can pretty much put a tremolo pedal anywhere in your chain and get sound you can use.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom