Advice needed!!!

What's Hot
hello chaps

I know I said I'm bailing out but in truth I'm just lurking

but I need some advice and this is only place where I can think of where someone might know what to do. 

Had a credit card statement today from an old card that is still active but has no balance, I.e I paid it off ages back via a balance transfer.

Statement turns up out of the blue today with £1711.54 credited to it so the balance reads £1711.54CR

ive now idea where this has come from but if I phone the provider and say "where did that come from" they'll just go "oo sorry our mistake, we'd better take that back"

anyone got any ideas what to do that might result in an outcome of me keeping £1711.54!!!

Trav

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28312
    The only way I can see you keeping it and not getting in trouble is to contact them.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Have you put in a claim for PPI mis-selling at any point? Some banks just credit the settlement back to the account without notifying you.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I think it depends on how you ask them the question :)

I would ring them and ask them how they calculated your credit balance - they have to give you the reason why. 

If it's a genuine mistake - ask them to prove it. If not, request they transfer the balance to your current account.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    I think you can check your balance by automated phone call...try this and see if it matches up, if you say nothing and spend it and they catch up, you will have to repay it for sure. Are you sure this isn't just the available credit you are able to spend?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Sorted - they've taken it out of our joint account and transferred it to the credit card

fuck knows why