True bypass loopers

WarpedSoundsWarpedSounds Frets: 79
Hi folks,

Just wondered what people thought about these. Are they really worth the pedalboard space/extra cabling?

I recently bought a Carl Martin Octo Switch (original version). I can see how it's presets will be great for live, but to house it with a volume pedal a Whammy on the front row of a board puts me into Pedaltrain Pro/Terra territory.

I was just trying to get opinions as I'd like to streamline my final board to something more manageable than 20+ peds just to fill it up.  

Cheers. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I have the octa switch 2 on a pedal train pro. It made life much easier and the preset thing is genius. It don't half add some weight though!! I found myself not waiting to take my board to practice and have since scaled down a lot thanks to the h9 covering the job of 5 or 6 pedals as well as adding a lot more. 

But I do like the Octa switch and if I had a man to lug my kit about i would use it 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I can see the benefits, but, as you say, it weighs a fair bit and it takes up so much room. I haven't gigged it yet, but the concept is cool. The OS3 looks great. 

Trying to decide whether to go with a Pro or scale down for convenience. 
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    I used a bright onion switcher for gigging for a long time (moved onto a decibel 11 now with presets). With the onion it just made life easier having switches for - tuner, mod, OD1, OD2 and amp channel, within a few inches of eachother.

• Thanks for info. Maybe I just need something smaller. It's my first foray into pedaltrain-type boards and the looper plays a big part on the size, especially with a vp and Whammy. It starts getting silly - and heavy!