TV audio - soundbars etc?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• So what's the thinking about hifi amps/speakers with the TV?

Will the hifi speakers be able to handle it OK or does the marketing bumf about home cinema speakers have a point?
    If your tv has a dedicated rca out or your amp has an optical(your tv should as standard) then all is good , it's when you have to use the tv's headphone port where it goes downhill imo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7294
    I just have mine muted with the sound going through my Cambridge Audio amp and a set of Wharfedale Diamond 9's.

Compact, looks OK and sounds kick ass.

*caveat* I don't want or need surround sound or a bass that annoys the next 3 houses.
    I just have mine going through a little mixer in the fx loop return of my JVM through a pair of 4 X 12s
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xsheqxsheq Frets: 71
    Used to use my stereo. Best solution. Affordable sound bases and bars just aren't good enough imo / experience. 
  • I've got a Samsung sound bar and it's fine. I've never had surround sound or anything, but the sound bar is nice enough, makes things sound bigger and clearer without needing more volume. The TV is thin and scratchysounding . 

I have an older telly in storage (box tv) and me and my uni mates were astonished at how good it sounded. Some old Sony. 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3337
    I have an old surround system that I use for the occasional DVDs (remember them?). My tv goes through that automatically as their both Sony units with Sony link or whatever they call it. 
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Canton dm50 sound base. Fantastic sounding, not silly money. Gets great reviews and rightly so. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11459
    I use it through a little HiFi system that I bought from Richer Sounds for around £300 on some kind of special deal.  Definitely sounds better than the sound bar at my in laws.

A better sound bar might help but that one was over £200 and I have something to play music through and plug my daughter's karioke thing into.