Route 66 V3

monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17672
in FX tFB Trader
Anyone got experience of them?

I had the V2 one back in the day, but the overdrive was a TS which isn't my fav circuit and the comp though a very nice sounding Dyna type was a bit noisy and didn't have a blend which is one of my prerequisites. 

The new version has a clean blend on both sides and the drive section is a drive train circuit which is a bit more up my alley. 

Also seem to be fairly good value with a couple of places selling them for £125 

Would be interested to know if anyone is using one and how they are getting on with it. (You can also flog me one if you like)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited August 2016
    I've had one a few months now and I love it. The od side is super versatile,  if you turn down the treble it can do a middy tube screamer thing, turn it up and it can do JCM crunch. The blend knob is great. The compressor is great. The general build quality and the silky smooth switches are great. I'm never selling it until the day I go mental and go all digital. 
  • I'm interested in this too, as I fancy trying a compressor again. 

Loved my old v2 but would rather have a not-tubescreamer. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17672
    tFB Trader
    I think it's either this or the Tone City King of Blues KoT clone.
  • I would be really interested, but I've just had a play and I'm quite happy with my overdrive tones - so I could use a comp and a fuzz (the muffs just don't work great into the ac15 when it's driven). 

I wonder if it would be better to get a separate comp. I have the zoom ultra fuzz and a valvesporker that I could try for fuzz. 

I really like the looks of this now - it has an effects loop between the comp and drive, and top mounted jacks. All very handy stuff. 
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 857
    I use a VSXO, no comp but you have a Nobels type circuit on one side and Tubescreamer on the other with loads of bass/ clipping options and a clean blend.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    The OD side of the pedal is different to the V2.  It's now based on the garagetone series Drivetrain.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17672
    tFB Trader
    Anyone know what the drivetrain circuit is similar to?
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited August 2016
    It's a modified TS.

two tone controls.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• Ro_S said:
    It's a modified TS.

two tone controls.

Indeed. It can be smoother or more raunchy sounding, I really liked my old vs drivetrain. Excellent sounding thing, but few good demos. 

It's not a transparent od but more of a tweakable tubescreamer. Seemed to have more gain on tap, too, and pushing the treble and bass up gives a more rocky, slightly scooped distortion sound. Really cool pedal. 
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited August 2016
    I made a quick demo. Don't expect good playing, also I didnt touch the gain knob at all, just the blend bass and treble