Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Best Thing to Come Out of.......................???????

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    Portishead !!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

(and T'Pau)

I thought the delightful Ms Decker was a scouser?
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188

(and T'Pau)

aye, but the band was made here, or 'round 'ere. TBH its not something we brag about

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297

(and T'Pau)

I thought she moved to Shrewsbury young enough to have completed her education there - at least, when I worked in Shrewsbury I did so with someone who said they went to school with Ms Decker. Or they were lying in a Mollie Sugden's bridesmaid stylee. 
    3:-O

Ooh, when I worked in Shrewsbury I was living in Church Stretton around the corner from Nick Beggs. No idea where he was from originally but I shall nominate Nick Beggs as the best thing to come out of Church Stretton. All together now: hush, hush, shy, shy, hush, hush, eye to eye...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • bertie said:
    bertie said:
    what a crazy world you live in
    thought that was worth at least one......................   :(
    Oh, go on then!
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • (and T'Pau)

I thought she moved to Shrewsbury young enough to have completed her education there - at least, when I worked in Shrewsbury I did so with someone who said they went to school with Ms Decker. Or they were lying in a Mollie Sugden's bridesmaid stylee. 

Ooh, when I worked in Shrewsbury I was living in Church Stretton around the corner from Nick Beggs. No idea where he was from originally but I shall nominate Nick Beggs as the best thing to come out of Church Stretton. All together now: hush, hush, shy, shy, hush, hush, eye to eye...
    Cor, it's a small world. On t'way down to Forest of Dean a couple of years back, I was hungry and pulled into Church Stretton to find a Chippy. I nipped into Church Stretton Fish Bar and then had a Pint of Shandy in the Buck's Head Hotel. T'was rather a quaint place. No idea Nick Beggs was from there though.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited January 2014

(and T'Pau)

No idea, I've never stalked her or looked into her background before (I just spent a good few years in the late 80s fancying her that's all ;-) )
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297

(and T'Pau)

Cor, it's a small world. On t'way down to Forest of Dean a couple of years back, I was hungry and pulled into Church Stretton to find a Chippy. I nipped into Church Stretton Fish Bar and then had a Pint of Shandy in the Buck's Head Hotel. T'was rather a quaint place. No idea Nick Beggs was from there though.
    I havent been back for years ( although I do go to the Forest of Dean once a twice a year oddly enough). As you turn off the main road into Stretton you go across a bridge and then on your left is ( or was) a dentists. I lived in the flat above that. If I was at home in the day I could hear people having their teeth drilled. Ahh, the good ol' days...

Wiki says Decker went to school in Wellington, Shropshire, so the woman at work may not have been lying.

It also says Nick Beggs came from Winslow, Bucks. He did live in Stretton whilst I was there though.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • (and T'Pau)

I havent been back for years ( although I do go to the Forest of Dean once a twice a year oddly enough). As you turn off the main road into Stretton you go across a bridge and then on your left is ( or was) a dentists. I lived in the flat above that. If I was at home in the day I could hear people having their teeth drilled. Ahh, the good ol' days...

Wiki says Decker went to school in Wellington, Shropshire, so the woman at work may not have been lying.

It also says Nick Beggs came from Winslow, Bucks. He did live in Stretton whilst I was there though.

You sadist, you.Lol. I hope there was blood curdling screams to accompany the drilling, just like having only the sound on to Marathon Man ;-)
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33802
    Ianpdq said:
    Portishead !!

From Bristol though. ;)
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Amersham... umm... I know Ozzy Osbourne used to live in nearby Little Chalfont, and the Chinese restaurant Chalfont Dynasty is mentioned in his autobiography. I am now resorting to Wikipedia:

Tim Rice was born in Amersham. Now, I was born in High Wycombe hospital (I know, I'm not proud of it...) and Wycombe has a little more to speak of. The moderately-famous rock band Young Guns are from there, and Ian Dury went to the Royal Grammar School there (as did Jimmy Carr, actually).
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Dagenham has given the world:

Dudley Moore - if anyone still remembers him

The Edge from U2

err, The Dagenham Girl Pipers

And Billy Bragg is from Barking, which is pretty much the same thing as Dagenham unless you're from here in which case oh no, it's very different ;)

I've just Wiki'd "The Nolan Sisters" which, local legend has it, came from Ilford -- and I could ejaculate to Ilford from Dagenham.  However, it seems they were from Blackpool and I couldn't ejaculate 250 miles, not even for the Nolan sisters.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Don't forget Dagenham Dave he of the Strangler's song fame @Grunfeld .
    :D

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Liverpool here, can't think of anything ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Liverpool here, can't think of anything ;)
    The motorway?
    :P

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7791
    edited January 2014
    Northampton can lay claim to:

and

and

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister