Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What do you do when you get home from a gig?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    bluenose;124300" said:
    johnnyurq said:

Used to be my own body weight in Brandy and coke, with a liberal helping of alternately talking pish and deconstructing the gig.

Sounds familiar :-)
    Sure does dude and sadly missed  :(

Ah the good old days (nostalgia not being wot it used to!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188

Kebab, beer, babestation on TV

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    I often find myself watching Family Guy and/or American Dad.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26626
    edited January 2014
    Stagger through the door with all my gear, crash about looking for some food or drink of some description, realise that the dog's barking to go out, let him out for a bit, stumble back in through the front door then haul myself upstairs and into bed.

It's usually at this point that I note (with some surprise) that the wife's awake.
    <space for hire>
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Unload the car (quietly-ish), gin and a smoke in the shed (several), interweb or telly for an hour or so, shower, bed.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 357
    Basically I ice my hand while fucking around the web with a cuppa and then off to bed.

Can't wait til I get the car, 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10416

Couple of glasses of Vino Comotose while listening to a bit of Youtube normally. I'm generally drive the van to the gig but one of the non drinkers will drive it back so generally I'm pretty relaxed before I get home
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    yeah - Freakin unloading in the pitch black... back and forth back and forth... is suicide to leave any gear in over night... if not nicked damp gets in...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Careful of spills, in either direction.
    ;)

I echo the interest in Fish's blog very eye opening from a well respected and know to be truthful artist.

Up here cover gigs pay way more than originals bands get and we have even had venues doing the pay to play or sell some tickets thing.

It is shit whatever way you cut it but from a pub/club/function view they have an idea of what they are going to get so "safe" to a point.

I don't get the sniffiness over covers bands they are still cool and good fun, just a different way of playing out to me. Having played 10 or 11 years or so in a covers band (3 hour gigs or 44/45 songs) you learn an awful lot and increase your chops/skills and chord lexicon greatly.

I have and hope to do play in originals bands (especially in me yoof) but would join a covers band with no qualms too.

Nowadays though it is getting harder to get out and pay your dues as an originals band but can be done if you are realistic about the potential rewards, failing a lucky break or meeting the right promoters etc.

With any luck it will swing back again at some point and both covers and original bands will make a enough to carry on doing what we all like...fretwanking in public (not to forget getting the girlies).