Empress Reverb

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
So, has anyone actually used one of these yet?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've tried one out, sounded lovely (particularly the delay+reverb, sparkle and the hall was great as well) but didn't have time to dig in and explore.
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467

After watching this earlier today I really want one! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22140
    There's two bits of kit I would like: this and the FX8. 

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    There's two bits of kit I would like: this and the FX8. 

Given that reverb is supposed to be FX8's strongest area, wouldn't that be touching on overkill?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2016
    Complete and absolute overkill  =)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I'm not seeing anything on this that the space can't do. Eventide still rule the roost for me
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    It's also 140 more for the space 489 vs 349... that's quite a chunk. Would like to try one though.
  • It's also 140 more for the space 489 vs 349... that's quite a chunk. Would like to try one though.
    Where is this at 349 quid? Not that I absolutely must know this minute or anything. Honest.
    It's also 140 more for the space 489 vs 349... that's quite a chunk. Would like to try one though.
    Where is this at 349 quid? Not that I absolutely must know this minute or anything. Honest.
    Today it's gone up to 389:

http://www.musik-produktiv.co.uk/search.html
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    The SPACE should be about 270 used...

Or you can go H9
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    The SPACE should be about 270 used...

Or you can go H9
    If you can find one... in good condition. I'm wary of spending so much on a used pedal from an unknown source, then you have to find one. 

H9 MAX is even more. 

I'm not knocking either pedal, I'm sure they are both great. But the empress seems really good too, to me.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9542
    I must admit, those Empress sounds are pretty damn good
    I'm not seeing anything on this that the space can't do. Eventide still rule the roost for me

It's like plugins. Each brand will do the same sort of stuff and each brand will have their own particular sound. From what I've heard of the demos and read online, the Empress isn't going for quite the same hi-fi sound you get with the Space and Big Sky. If it's got a bit of that Midiverb magic, I'm sold. 

• Anyone else had a play with one ?
  • Still on my list but no dealers near me. They just updated it with 3 new modes. Wish they used proper midi connection.
  • I'm sure I'd love it.... but my Space is irreplaceable; not only due to the sound of the thing, but also because it controls half of my board. 

Hmmmmm. Maybe I could buy one for my synths.....

#overkill
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4541
    edited September 2016

Hmmmmm. Maybe I could buy one for my synths.....

#overkill #goldielockszone
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2220
    edited September 2016
    I tried one, was on the verge of getting one, but it just wasn't doing it for me. Though I did only try it in mono.