whats a genuine price for a mint cornell romany.

What's Hot
musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1740
I'm looking at a mint 2014 cornell romany.
I've got the price down to 525 but is that a good price for today's market?
can anyone help 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    In my amp watching days there were quite a few early ones with fewer power-level selections that went for sub-500, never lower than 400 though. In today's market I think the seller will be very happy to get 525, so he might still be happy to take less. The Romany is superb but its not the most flexible in its sound - some say its a one-trick pony so it isn't attractive to anyone who wants a variety of sounds.

I suspect others may disagree...
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    Is it the Romany or Romany Plus? If it's the Romany Plus then it's a cracking price for a cracking amp. I have the 4 setting version. Mine's mint and I wouldn't let it go for that price, but then again it remains a buyers market and if you want to shift an item quick you have to be prepared to take a hit on it.
    There's been a couple of pedals on here recently with an asking price not much under the RRP. Never going to sell them.
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1740
    SidNewton said:
    Is it the Romany or Romany Plus? If it's the Romany Plus then it's a cracking price for a cracking amp. I have the 4 setting version. Mine's mint and I wouldn't let it go for that price, but then again it remains a buyers market and if you want to shift an item quick you have to be prepared to take a hit on it.
    There's been a couple of pedals on here recently with an asking price not much under the RRP. Never going to sell them.
    hi mate. 
    it's just the cornell romany 10.
    the issue is that I don't need another amp but I have fancied one if these since I played one recently somewhere but I don't want to over pay.

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    edited August 2016
    It isn't a bad price, but personally I would look out for the Romany Plus, or 12 as it is now, as the 12" speaker really opens it up and the reverb makes a big difference.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    ok thanks guys 
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    Richardj said:
    It isn't a bad price, but personally I would look out for the Romany Plus, or 12 as it is now, as the 12" speaker really opens it up and the reverb makes a big difference.

Yes, I agree with this. The reverb is wonderful, though I rarely have the need to turn mine past 0-1. If you were going to go for the basic Romany I would at least try to knock the price down another £25-50.
  • I paid £500 for a plus with the 4-way power switch recently in a private sale. Great amps.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5073
    The 10" Romany breaks up quicker as well so less clean headroom. It did on the two I tried anyway.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5174
    I sold my "two-speed" Romany Plus for £525 last year. I think that's a little steep for the standard Romany.

I'm with @Richardj and @SidNewton though- the Plus benefits from the 12" speaker and the bigger cabinet which make it sound less boxy than the 1x10", and the reverb is lovely. If I was going to buy another one (and I would if I needed that sound) I'd go for the Plus.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

I told him my best offer was  £450 after I had a think. anyway he said no n he started the old well I've got another buyer interested but he hasn't got the money yet. lol 
    so I've walked away. 

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    I told him my best offer was  £450 after I had a think. anyway he said no n he started the old well I've got another buyer interested but he hasn't got the money yet. lol 
    so I've walked away. 

I think £450 is a sensible offer in the current market - another one will turn up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2016
    I thought it was ok Tbh but he replied as if I'd spat at him. ha ha ha