SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Vintage Gretsch Hi-Lo Tron pickups

rexterrexter Frets: 369
in Parts £ tFB Trader
After some to restore a early 1960s 6119 Tennessean  - know it's a long shot but though I'd ask. there were quite a few around in May when I got the guitar but was broke - regret missing them! Looking for pickup surrounds too.

Happy to pay fair market value or I have some vintage 1962 Dearmond Gold Foils I would consider trading too. 
Thanks!
Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
www.rexterguitars.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8052
    edited August 2016
    USA Ebay is your best bet.  I got mine in there for £40.  
    Exchange rate was more favourable back then... (Seven years ago....)

I had them rewound a bit hotter by Bareknuckle.  They sound great.  Love 'em!
  • rexterrexter Frets: 369
    tFB Trader
    Thanks! Yeah I've been searching there for months but very few coming up - have to be patient! I'm a lurker on the Gretsch forums, where I keep meaning to post some pics etc but been really busy sorting new house (which has drained the funds too!). Plan B is commisioning Marc from Mojo to make me some which are wound kind of a like a Jazzmaster/Dearmond hybrid as that's the sound i like. The more I think about that the better it sounds...!
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8052
    Where are you based.  You could come try my hilos out, see what you think of them :)
  • rexterrexter Frets: 369
    tFB Trader
    Thanks Marlin! I'm largely out on a limb in norwich these days, occasionally venturing back to London. Have any videos or files of your Hilos in action? 
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk