Who will win the premiership this season?

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Babones said:
    I reckon it will be won by a bunch of overvalued and overpaid fairies, via profanities, theatrics, histrionics, dodgy goals and diving.
    Spoken like an internet bloke hiding behind his computer!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Babones said:
    I reckon it will be won by a bunch of overvalued and overpaid fairies, via profanities, theatrics, histrionics, dodgy goals and diving.
    Why overpaid?

They are wealth creators and are paid the going rate.

When you can do anything for 90minutes that can get 70,000 people to spend £60 to watch you, as well as millions around the Wprld to turn the TV onto the channel you're doing it and you're earning less than them, then you might have a point, but I'm guessing you don't have that draw?

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I'd be surprised if Utd weren't there or there about this year, no CL, they've bought well, had a great squad last season anyway, and have Mouhrino in charge, who love or loathe him, has a history of walking in and doing extremely well quickly.

New managers fro City and Chelsea, so it depends how quick they can get their philosophies across, but they should be the top 3.

Arsenal and Spurs fighting for 4th with Liverpool flattering to deceive and inconsistency hindering them (us) for 4th so between Liverpool and West Ham for 6th and 7th.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2401
    Fucking Arsenal fans always moaning!  you don't know how good you've got it,  ECL every season,  excellent chance of a domestic cup every season,  some great players playing entertaining football and almost always with a chance at the title on a relatively low budget! 
    a good club with an excellent manager. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    Is it so bad to want to win the League? I think the frustration comes from having been pretty close to getting where we want to be, but the same issues keep fucking us up. It seems most people can see what the problems are (the same things get commented on every season), but the management within the club don't do anything about it.

Don't get me wrong. I know we're in a better position than 99% of the clubs out there, but we're a different club. I don't really give a shit about all the others.

He's an excellent manager, and has done wonders for the club, but to not be able to perceive the same issues that pretty much anyone else who watches us can? Something ain't right!

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    United. 

I think I'd prefer City and I think Liverpool could surprise everyone this year with a top 4 finish.
  • Sarge said:
    Fucking Arsenal fans always moaning!  you don't know how good you've got it,  ECL every season,  excellent chance of a domestic cup every season,  some great players playing entertaining football and almost always with a chance at the title on a relatively low budget! 

Arsenal fans are weird. You'd think that looking at Man Utd and Liverpool (and to a lesser extent Chelsea and Spurs over the last few seasons) they'd realise that the managerial merry-go-round and spending incredible sums of money doesn't guarantee anything.

Seriously, who are they going to get in to replace Arsene? Van Gaal? I hear he's looking for a job. Anyone else?

Arsenal will probably get rid of Wenger, spend £150m, and then drop out of the CL spots and finish below Spurs for the first time in some adult fan's lifetimes. It will be funny as anything when it happens---some fans just have no grasp on reality.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Pellegrini would be a good fit for arsenal
    My V key is broken
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I think any good manager would fancy going to Arsenal. 
    Good stadium, good fans (mostly) and good ambition

Also, debt free, so could spend money!

Some signings needed, but not an overhall
  • "any good manager" --- yeah, but who? Its easy to say "people would want the job"---but the pool of suitable candidates for a club with ambitions of winning the CL is very small.

Mourinho, Guardiola, Conte, Ancelotti, Simeone, Klopp. Those are the type of names that Arsenal need to keep pace with. And all of them are unavailable.

Get another up-and-coming Premier League manager and risk that its another Moyes-to-United? Or another Rodgers at Liverpool?

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6390
    Manchester, but can't decide between City & United; but definitely Manchester.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    edited August 2016
    @joeyowen said:

A sterile stadium and fans with an unwarranted sense of entitlement. Arsenal fans have delusions of grandeur for a club that's never won the European Cup. Yes, they're a big club with a rich and storied history, but not at the same level as Manchester Utd, for example.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sarge said:

Arsenal fans are weird. You'd think that looking at Man Utd and Liverpool (and to a lesser extent Chelsea and Spurs over the last few seasons) they'd realise that the managerial merry-go-round and spending incredible sums of money doesn't guarantee anything.

Seriously, who are they going to get in to replace Arsene? Van Gaal? I hear he's looking for a job. Anyone else?

Arsenal will probably get rid of Wenger, spend £150m, and then drop out of the CL spots and finish below Spurs for the first time in some adult fan's lifetimes. It will be funny as anything when it happens---some fans just have no grasp on reality.

I totally get the Wenger has been a success overall. If you read my comments above you will see I agree with you in that I have no idea who would be good to replace him.

I'm pissed off with his transfer policy (read lack of transfer policy). Not filling the holes we need filled with the right players. And seemingly when we do find the right players, we don't appear to be willing to dip our hand the pocket deep enough. 

I can understand what you're getting at, but it's pretty frustrating being, or at least appearing to be quite close to success in the League, but the last pieces of puzzle are always missing, and over time Mr W seems to be less and less willing to do anything about it.

A plan B for teams who just sit deep against us would be nice as well, but I'd be happy with a striker and central at the moment :)

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    All suggested managers have been available at some point, but Arsenal have stayed with Wenger, which is loyal but not sure if it's right or wrong as a club

just my opinion of course.

I think the fans are bored, every year clubs get new managers or sign big players whereas arsenal still kinda plod along

Brize said:
    @joeyowen said:

A sterile stadium and fans with an unwarranted sense of entitlement. Arsenal fans have delusions of grandeur for a club that's never won the European Cup. Yes, they're a big club with a rich and storied history, but not at the same level as Manchester Utd, for example.
    Spoken like a Spurs fan. Bravo!

Arsenal fans get pissed off because everyone of them could see and said that a decent striker in the last couple seasons would have got them a title.

everyone knew they needed CB cover this year and it cost them on Sunday.

Wenger is great but sometimes you need to throw money at a situation.

if they'd have offered more than the £1 for Suarez he'd have gone and won them the league but they wouldn't pay-huge mistake.

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    @CHRISB50 said:
    Brize said:
    @joeyowen said:

@CHRISB50 said:

Don't get me wrong. I know we're in a better position than 99% of the clubs out there, but we're a different club.
    Spoken like a true Arsenal fan. ;)

Brize said:
    @CHRISB50 said:
    Brize said:
    @joeyowen said:

@CHRISB50 said:

Don't get me wrong. I know we're in a better position than 99% of the clubs out there, but we're a different club.
    Spoken like a true Arsenal fan. ;)

Lol. Nice one :)

lloyd said:
    Arsenal fans get pissed off because everyone of them could see and said that a decent striker in the last couple seasons would have got them a title.

everyone knew they needed CB cover this year and it cost them on Sunday.

Wenger is great but sometimes you need to throw money at a situation.

if they'd have offered more than the £1 for Suarez he'd have gone and won them the league but they wouldn't pay-huge mistake.
    See, @Lloyd understands!

• Its easy to say "what if" but Suarez was never going to Arsenal. Its just become another stick to beat Wenger with based on newspaper tittle-tattle.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom