Custom Painted Pedals

What's Hot
KylefKylef Frets: 1060
Has anyone ever had a pedal custom painted? In the same way that Zvex pedals have been handpainted?

I have an idea I'd like for one of my pedals but have no idea who could do the work for me.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I've had custom decals and custom paint but in both cases it has been from the vendor that makes the product

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    DIY. 

Painting is a bit of an issue if you plan to use a pedal in anger. It just isn't very robust and will chip and ding easily. But if you want to go that way, it isn't exactly hard, just get some rattle cans from your local motor factors. Sand the box, clean and dry it. Spray a coat or two of primer. Then if you want a flat colour base, a few coats of that. Then paint it using the same types of paint (so they don't react). Then a few coats of lacquer. Job done.

A more robust option would be powder coating the base which gets a little more complicated. You could then paint then put clear on top of that. Have a look at powder coating online, it's a little more complicated. Requires proper kit and an oven.

The option we use is much cleaner, can be done indoors and is very durable. We use transparent decals and an epoxy coating. This can take some serious stick. Now it's not perfect. Over time the epoxy does yellow a little and the sun can fade some of the colours over time. But it gets good results that last quite a long time and is easy to do at home with a bit of practice. Tutorial here: http://juansolo.co.uk/stompage/finishing.html
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1060
    It was actually this that gave me the idea 

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p437/Kylefarrell/Noel Gear/39bc63640df3f21fc37a5d95a8c5df6d_zpsa7647a18.jpg

I don't want that in particular, I'm not even a City fan, but something along those lines so it would definitely have to be handpainted. Something with a solid or striped backing, with an emblem/badge/pic.