Speaker bolts/washers

Tuscan777Tuscan777 Frets: 125
Bit of a simple one here....

I've recently popped a new speaker in my cab, but I'm rather short on the bolt front. It's a standard celestion jobbie, so what should I be looking to pick up sizewise to get it in nice and secure (M? size etc.).

I'm assuming I can go to my local DIY store to get these gubbins?

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It more matters what hole/thread is already in the cab, as you want the same again.

I just put some M5 20mm roofing bolts in an EVH 412, that worked really nicely and fit the existing T nuts (The cab was bought empty).  I think they were these http://www.screwfix.com/p/easyfix-roofing-bolts-bright-zinc-plated-m5-x-20mm-10-pack/3442j

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72605
    M5 is standard, but it really depends on what T-nuts are fitted already...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Tuscan777Tuscan777 Frets: 125
    Thanks, well it was a V30 in there before, so much the same....the bolts seem to have vanished though!
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28667
    Screwfix is probably a better bet than B&Q or Homebase or similar - you can check stock online and buy for collection. Usually cheaper and of better quality too.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72605
    Tuscan777 said:
    Thanks, well it was a V30 in there before, so much the same....the bolts seem to have vanished though!
    It's not the speaker that matters, it's what T-nuts are in the baffle! Assuming it has them…

If the baffle has M5 T-nuts, that's what you need since no other bolts will fit. If it's something else - other sizes are used, especially in US and Chinese-made cabs - then you need whatever thread they are.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Tuscan777Tuscan777 Frets: 125
    Cheers all. I shall investigate futher once I get home later....