SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube Series Combo Amplifier, 80 watts,

What's Hot
guitarman66guitarman66 Frets: 29
edited October 2016 in Amps £

In mint condition and has never been gigged. This amplifier was purchased as a back-up for my Peavey Valve King and has had minimal home use only; now retired from gigging so I no longer need a back-up. The amp has two channels (labelled 'Clean & 'Lead') selected via the supplied footswitch and is rated at 80 Watts into the internal 12" Peavey Blue Marvel speaker. Features are as follows:

Front Panel:

Clean Channel: Controls for Volume, Low, Mid & High + 3 switched voicings: Vintage/Classic/Warm

Lead Channel: Controls for Pre-Gain, Low, Mid, High & Post-Gain + 3 switched EQ/Gain voicings: Classic/Modern/High Gain 

Master Controls for Reverb and Volume Boost (either with control knob or footswitch to increase volume by 0-10dB)

Rear Panel:

Power Level switch: 3 power level settings: 25%, 50% & 100%

External Speaker jack

Damping switch: 3 settings for damping level adjustment

Effects loop: Mono send & return jacks

Remote switch: Jack connection for footswitch

Speaker simulated direct output: Output jack & volume control

Dimensions: (Height x Width x Depth): 17"  x 19.4" x 9.25" / 43.2cm x 49.2cm x 23.5cm

Weight: 24.5lbs / 11.13kg

Still under the Peavey guarantee until 29th May 2017

Collection only from West Oxfordshire, 12 miles from Junction 15 of the M4. Please PM me if you are interested or require further information 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OK, it will never be a valve amplifier but the three switchable output power levels mean you can dial in a surprisingly good tone at reasonable volumes.
  • Bump
  • Weekend bump
  • bump
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12375
    Forgive me if I sound like a dick, but you may want to review your price. Old USA bandits typically change hands for around £50 - £60 on here. Best off putting it on eBay where you may get a bit more. Of course it's up to you what you ask for it. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Forgive me if I sound like a dick, but you may want to review your price. Old USA bandits typically change hands for around £50 - £60 on here. Best off putting it on eBay where you may get a bit more. Of course it's up to you what you ask for it. 

Hi jonnyburgo,

Thanks for your comment. However, this is not a beaten-up Peavey Bandit with a clapped-out speaker that has been gigged to death as you can see from the pictures above. As stated in  my description, I bought it as a back-up amplifier in case my Peavey Valve KIng broke down during a gig but it was never needed so it sat at the back of the stage in it's flight case every night and then I took it home again. The Bandit is still under the manufacturers guarantee and has had around two hours use at home and I doubt whether the speaker is even 'run in' yet. I'm quite prepared to do a deal around the £100 mark if anybody is interested and wants to collect it. If it doesn't sell then that's OK but I'm not giving away an almost unused amplifier in mint condition. By the way, I have already sold the flight case separately.

• PRICE DROP £100
  • Bump
  • Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Another bump
  • Any interest in an 'as new' amp still under the manufacturer's guarantee?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72442
    It's a great amp for the money.

To be honest I would sell the Valve King instead (assuming you haven't already) and keep the Bandit. I honestly think it sounds better, as well as not having the potential reliability issues. The VK is not brilliant by Peavey's standards either for tone or build quality.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Used to jam with a guy who played a vk, always thought it was pants. Much prefer my bandit!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump
  • Price dropped again to £85
  • Bump
  • *** SOLD ***