I'm in southern Spain

After a long drive from Manchester, through France to the Côte d'Azur, then through Spain to Sitges, south of Barcelona, on to Murcia we are finally in Andalucia at our resting place for the next 10 days, our inlaws house in the mountains where we come every year.  2200 miles, a long drive but the kids have been great and we have seen much more than flying.  But now I've been reunited with my old £17 Ibanez classical, the hammock and a classical book.  Wind down time ;)

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Nice one me mon. 

How old are the kids? Glad you say they enjoyed it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    Lovely.... Consider me officially jealous!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Nice.  How many lumps did you break the journey up into?  We are thinking Northern Spain next year via Euro tunnel. Worst bit of the Midlands to the South of France this year was the M25. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701
    Skarloey said:
    Nice one me mon. 

How old are the kids? Glad you say they enjoyed it. 

7 and 9.  To be honest, being in the back of a modern air conditioned Ford with ipads and movies etc, is not the same as when I was a kid, going down south in a Ford Capri with an exhaust note that made you shit yourself after 2 hours, but one journey was 11 hours, 450 miles and they did not complain once, so really happy with them.   

Lovely.... Consider me officially jealous!
    Well hopefully SK8 is a bit sunnier for you than when we left Richard!

Nice.  How many lumps did you break the journey up into?  We are thinking Northern Spain next year via Euro tunnel. Worst bit of the Midlands to the South of France this year was the M25. 
    We've done about 350 - 450 miles a day.  Stopped in Nice for 4 days then to Sitges.  Then Sitges to Murcia, then Murcia to Periana.  The only issues we had was near Marseille, where the traffic was really bad. Most roads have been great, except for the tolls.  

Anyway, I've spent the last hour drinking Ice cold beer whilst whittling a bridge shim out of an olive branch, so string buzz is sorted now, and string buzz was my only worry =)
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Looks like a great spot, you in a villa? Perfect kind of holiday for me. No other people!

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

lloyd said:
    Looks like a great spot, you in a villa? Perfect kind of holiday for me. No other people!
    Yeah, kind of Spanish house, not quite a villa, more a casa.  Were in a small outhouse in the garden.  There's a pool which is great, as it gets up to 40 degrees.  But yeah, no other people, just a few Spanish families in old style cottages scattered around the mountain side and a village of about 8 houses.   The modern twist is after coming for 10 years, we now have TV and Wifi, which may or may not be a good thing.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    lloyd said:
    Yeah, kind of Spanish house, not quite a villa, more a casa.  Were in a small outhouse in the garden.  There's a pool which is great, as it gets up to 40 degrees.  But yeah, no other people, just a few Spanish families in old style cottages scattered around the mountain side and a village of about 8 houses.   The modern twist is after coming for 10 years, we now have TV and Wifi, which may or may not be a good thing.
    Yeah villa/cassia as long as there's a pool! Sounds idyllic, Wifi is needed too I reckon, part of life now isn't it?

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1