Any golfers on here? *Nike and Taylor Made content.*

What's Hot
DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
edited August 2016 in Off Topic
Nike are pulling out of making clubs and balls altogether, Adidas are selling Taylor Made, Bridgestone are pulling out of the UK market. Interesting times, what clubs will Casey, Woods and Mcilroy switch to?

I get the feeling this may get the least views of any thread ever here but just some thoughts.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2441
    Ooh, might get the TM clubs I've been after cheap. ;-) 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Shame, the Sasquatch is my favourite driver! Wonder if my virtually unused clubs will go up in value :P
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3072
    They'll go to another manufacturer - I reckon their clubs are ghost built by boutique guys just like with guitars. Rory's guy will just put Ping logos on his Nike copies.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Was just about to flog my Taylor Made irons too. Reckon it'll hit the price? 

I've heard that before about sponsorships just being re-badged clubs.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    They'll go to another manufacturer - I reckon their clubs are ghost built by boutique guys just like with guitars. Rory's guy will just put Ping logos on his Nike copies.
    Deijavoo said:
    Was just about to flog my Taylor Made irons too. Reckon it'll hit the price? 

I've heard that before about sponsorships just being re-badged clubs.
    It does happen - but it's also common for the big manufacturers to just make bespoke clubs for their players. I suspect Rory will go back to Titleist if they'll have him...I also suspect that a few of the guys will move over to PXG as there are half a dozen big name tour players that have started using their clubs and have had success this year (Ryan Moore, Zac Johnson and Charl Schwarzel for example)