NAD Brunetti Singleman 35

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
edited August 2016 in Amps
Finally managed to get one. This is the amp I should have bought last year, but my head was turned by a really good deal on a Fargen Townhouse 20, which turned out to be the most sterile disappointing amp I've ever owned!

Only managed a quick 30 mins with the singleman last night, but what a difference! It's got that fender vibe going on, a really nice reverb, FX loop and unlike the Townhouse, as you drive it harder it starts to thicken and break up. Though, with this being the 35w version it's extremely loud when that happens. It's got power attenuation down to 2 watts I think, but that's still too loud.

The main thing is though that it sounds stunning. A great amp for my new country project and none of the sterile cleans that the Fargen had.

The only thing that is disappointing, is that the speaker is hardwired to the amp, so I won't be able to put it through my two notes.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Finally managed to get one. This is the amp I should have bought last year, but my head was turned by a really good deal on a Fargen Townhouse 20, which turned out to be the most sterile disappointing amp I've ever owned!

Only managed a quick 30 mins with the singleman last night, but what a difference! It's got that fender vibe going on, a really nice reverb, FX loop and unlike the Townhouse, as you drive it harder it starts to thicken and break up. Though, with this being the 35w version it's extremely loud when that happens. It's got power attenuation down to 2 watts I think, but that's still too loud.

The main thing is though that it sounds stunning. A great amp for my new country project and none of the sterile cleans that the Fargen had.

The only thing that is disappointing, is that the speaker is hardwired to the amp, so I won't be able to put it through my two notes.
    Just make up a short lead with reverse spades on one end and a jack on the other, disconnect the speaker and use the new lead to connect to the captive lead, then you can plug into the two notes 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    Good idea - just need to check if the speaker is connected with spades. I have a feeling it's soldered on.
  • Clips!
    Weird that it's hard-wired to the cab!
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    I really like the Singleman - I don't know how different it is, but last month I used the 50 watt head for three gigs in Italy where we couldn't bring our own gear. I didn't know what to expect but I was really impressed with it. Sure, it had a fendery vibe but it had if anything a mid-forward voicing which worked really well alongside other instruments. I mostly ran it clean but loud as a pedal platform (which it loved!), but one time I lowered the output wattage and turned up the gain and it's a sweet amp.
    It was the head I really wanted, but in two years of looking I never saw one come up 2nd hand anywhere near me. 
    The 35 is more or less the same (unlike the 16 which is different and breaks up a fair amount earlier).

There is a switch for a mid boost that makes a huge difference in pushing the mids forward.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Clips!
    Weird that it's hard-wired to the cab!
    It's not that weird, it was the same on my Maranello 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FYI I also heard that the bright switch on the Pleximan makes a big difference in push in a band setting. 
    There isn't a bright switch on the pleximan. Do you mean singleman?
  • Oh, I meant mid boost switch
    Oh, I meant mid boost switch
    No Mid boost on pleximan either...

Though the sense switch on the clean channel sort of does that.

The Singleman has both brigh and mid boost. Would be nice if the mid boost was FSable
  • I thought there was an "extra" switch which was more mids?