That moment of panic....

What's Hot
professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
when you pull out your pedalboard to have a noodle one evening, and your GF says "hey! they all look different from last time are they new?"
Gulp.......
" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Haha, say you traded the others for these "second hand" pedals.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540

;)  It's a good job ALL pedals are £50 then!

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Say the same about her shoes/handbags etc....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30306
    At least she takes an interest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27191
    I'm really glad I don't have to hide stuff from my wife. I'm sure she doesn't know exactly what every single pedal does or what each one costs in detail, but there's no problem for me to buy whatever I like as long as we still prioritise money for savings, holidays and feeding the cats. I wouldn't have it any other way
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5164
    My wife thinks they all sound the same. They all make the guitar "echo".

And she has the bloody nerve to say that *I* don't listen.

:D

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11912
    Come back with "are those new shoes?"
  • You silly woman! These are all the old pedals, I've just moved them around!

On a very slightly more serious note, this is one reason why I try and avoid pedals with fancy artwork :-)
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • You silly woman! These are all the old pedals, I've just moved them around!

On a very slightly more serious note, this is one reason why I try and avoid pedals with fancy artwork :-)
    No so easy to blag when one of your previously red led lights is now a lucious purple.....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

Hey there's a great marketing idea - make a line of pedals that all look alike - same colour, logo etc with just different bits of text to cover the functions.

When players of the world realise these are easily swappable without partners realising, I reckon they'll sell like hot cakes... 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Ravenous said:

Hey there's a great marketing idea - make a line of pedals that all look alike - same colour, logo etc with just different bits of text to cover the functions.

When players of the world realise these are easily swappable without partners realising, I reckon they'll sell like Crowther hot cakes... 

FTFY 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Ravenous said:

When players of the world realise these are easily swappable without partners realising, I reckon they'll sell like hot cakes... 

Pete Cornish?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30306
    Ravenous said:

Pete Cornish?

Then they'd really have something to moan about.
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    You probably should've held out for the right one then instead of marrying a substitute mother.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    I'm really glad I don't have to hide stuff from my wife. I'm sure she doesn't know exactly what every single pedal does or what each one costs in detail, but there's no problem for me to buy whatever I like as long as we still prioritise money for savings, holidays and feeding the cats. I wouldn't have it any other way
    I was the very same, right up to the point where we had a kid and dropped a salary, since then my wife has taken more interest in small packages with my name on them!
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26734
    My wife's the same, it works out great. As long as I pay my share of the bills, as well as her car insurance, the broadband, the pet insurance, the vet bills...

...hang on a minute.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom