1x12 Cab Speaker recommendation

Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 104
What's a good all round 12" speaker for a 1x12 cab that can handle a 30 watt head? The sort of music I play ranges from Hendrixy blues to Sabbath rock.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72668
    Celestion Creamback G12H-75.

You might get away with a G12H-30, but it's probably pushing it a bit with a 30W amp - the Creamback 75 sounds very similar but will easily handle it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I put a Celestion V type in my Hotrod Deluxe which sounded good. This was because Mike Landau uses V types in his signature combo.

Prior to that I had a Celestion V30 in my Hotrod, but some might find the upper mids a bit full on - good for rock though.

I've read some good comments on the Celestion A type.

You'll find loads of clips on Youtube.
    It's not a competition.
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    edited August 2016
    I have just put a Celestion A Type in a Palmer cab to run my Ax8 and Fryette power station through. Sounds absolutely great, but to be honest I've got limited experience with different speaker types and am going to try a few different ones over time. 

I'd do what @ICBM says...
  • I like the proprietary Bad Cat Celestion a lot. Coda has them for £100.