Where should i put the Octavia in the chain ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• catdogcatdog Frets: 124
    I've got a Skoda Octavia just 
    lol i had to google that one
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LaurieLaurie Frets: 97
    edited October 2016
    I'd turf the Octavia pedal as early in the chain as possible. Either before or after wah. Hard to say, but I suspect it would sit better after wah.

I find the Chase Tone preamp sits well after drive and before delay, reverb, etc. Although, Kyle recommends placing it at the very end of the chain.

I used a Ditto looper for years - the little one - and never experienced it being louder on playback. Something seems dodgy. Definitely update the firmware and see if this fixes it. One o'clock-ish, is generally unity vol with the Ditto. And it gets louder as you overdub more and more loops on top of the original one.

If that doesn't work, and I'm probably wrong, but I'd troubleshoot it for sure, check the preamp isn't somehow boosting the loop tracks on playback, so just try looping without the preamp on to be sure. You'll figure it out ;)

Happy jamz...

• catdogcatdog Frets: 124
    thank you for that Laurie , im gonna just do some experimenting with the Octavia then & see where it sits best .

as soon as i hit the looper to record my whole signal gets louder not just playback so its in real time but i will deffo try a firmware update on it & let you know how i get on .

I have the preamp before delay & it seems to sit nice there so i think i will keep it there for the moment but i may experiment in the future it is always engaged too .

Thanks again for the info buddy its appreciated ..
  • LaurieLaurie Frets: 97
    edited October 2016
    Thanks catdog!

Hope the firmware update solves your Ditto issue.

Cheers..