Blackstar Artist 15. Anyone tried one?

What's Hot
Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
As the title says, anyone had a go on one of these and what their thoughts were?  Thinking of moving my Tweaker on and getting one of these. 

Ta!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I really liked the the artisan 30 and the artisan 100, I've heard the 15 is good. 

The 100 and the 30 were very different sounding amps though. The 100 was like an old Marshall, sort of. Huge sounding roar. The 30 was a bit like a vox that had a baby with a Marshall - more rocky and less "narrow" sounding than a vox. I really, really liked both though. 

Not a huge blackstar fan, either. 
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836
    edited August 2016
    I started a similar thread, with little response re the Artist. I think there is general confusion between this and the Artisan (as I think may have already started above) due to the very similar names.

My thread - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/80334/blackstar-artist-not-artisan-15-any-users#latest

I ended up with a Tweaker! 
  • I started a similar thread, with little response re the Artist. I think there is general confusion between this and the Artisan (as I think may have already started above) due to the very similar names.

My thread - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/80334/blackstar-artist-not-artisan-15-any-users#latest

I ended up with a Tweaker! 

Bugger! 

Yeah, not tried an ARTIST. What moron thought of that name?! 

Ignore my response above. It's hilariously irrelevant. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    not tried one myself but like you would love to try the A15 - it sounds fab on the officlal youtube demo - sounds like a true box of classic rawk! More useful for getting dirt than the other 2 in say a pub setting!
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    Came away feeling very disappointed.  I've heard the Artisans - although I haven't played through one - and thought they sounded superb.  Artist 15 just sounded dull.  Tried a Boogie Express 5.25+ and a Vox AC15CC1X the same day - quite different but both lovely.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3927
    The ARTISAN 15 is the worst valve amp I've ever owned. Mud in a box. Awful. I was shocked to have owned one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    edited August 2016
    @markslade07 I saw your thread and saw a lot of people replied with regards to the ARTISAN and not the ARTIST and it kinda died from there.  

Just torn between one of these and a Bassbreaker 15.  I have a Blackstar Fly 3 and a ID Core: BEAM which are quite decent amps and whilst I think the Tweaker is tops it appears to have this sweet spot to it that is a touch too loud for my flat.  

Watching an Andertons vid about the Artist 15 it seems it is bastard loud though.  I had a bassbreaker 007 which was great and it's volume sweep was a lot better than most tube amps which go from quiet to very loud in an instant.  

I have a Blues Cube hot which I'd rather keep and shift the tweaker but looking for something that gives me that valve dynamic at a reasonable volume.
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Deadman said:
    The ARTISAN 15 is the worst valve amp I've ever owned. Mud in a box. Awful. I was shocked to have owned one.

but surely yours was broke ? I mean look...see...hear!
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3927
    That very clip was what drove me to buy one. I accept mine must have been a wrong un as it never sounded like that. 
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1639
    Deadman said:
    That very clip was what drove me to buy one. I accept mine must have been a wrong un as it never sounded like that. 

Heh! There WAS an A30 that "escaped" minus a cap and was excessively bright. I dare say it is possible that a 100nF was fitted to that  amp instead of a 10nF somewhere vital!

'It'appen. Five minutes wiv me oscillator and mV meter would soon prove that out.

Dave.

• maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 561
    edited August 2016
    I've had the A30 and the A15 . . . . The A15 was so much better . . . Beautiful tone and built like a tank . . . Cracking amp :-) Looks like I'm in the minority here but mine was quite a bright and lively amp . . 
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  !