Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Football thread

What's Hot

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    RAASSHHHHFOOOORRRDDDDDD
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    Everton are working away nicely and keeping below the Radar.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Rocker said:
    Everton are working away nicely and keeping below the Radar.
    There should be more to come from them, they've won today due to a bizarre own goal and they won last week against a team who struggled to put 11 first team players on the pitch, hopefully they'll have sterner tests and surprise a few people in time now they've got rid of the useless Stones and Martinez
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    joeyowen said:
    RAASSHHHHFOOOORRRDDDDDD
    Yes!!! Feels like old Man U again, get that result at the last minute.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    C'mon Bournemouth! We can do better than conceding a goal in 93' ! Such a shame
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Fergie time returns.................

Anyway, unless the Hammers start defending better, and get over the injured players quickly then it's going to be a long hard season, with little to cheer about.
    Andy Carroll is too injury prone to be a top striker.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

What does everyone think of Aguero's elbow on Reid?

Dirty cnut
    joeyowen said:

Dirty cnut
    Haven't seen it, but he doesn't generally seem like a dirty player - unlike Costa who should have been sent off this season already. Chelsea wouldn't be riding so high if the refs had done their job.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3628
    joeyowen said:

Dirty cnut
    Agreed.

It was on TV and plenty of people have commented on the elbow so I am sure Aguero will get a retrospective 3 match ban.
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    edited August 2016
    axisus said:
    joeyowen said:
    Aguero
    Haven't seen it, but he doesn't generally seem like a dirty player - unlike Costa who should have been sent off this season already.
    This attitude really annoys me, players should be judged based on what they've done, not some reputation of being "dirty" or not.

I fully agree Costa should rarely finish a game of football, but because of the things he does in most games, not some reputation he carries around.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Im the rare breed of United fan who likes him! 

And I know we have fellani who is a disgrace (although better this season so far) 

However he needs a ban this early in the season to warn others... Also the Derby... Ban him 
    axisus said:
    joeyowen said:
    Aguero
    Haven't seen it, but he doesn't generally seem like a dirty player - unlike Costa who should have been sent off this season already.
    This attitude really annoys me, players should be judged based on what they've done, not some reputation of being "dirty" or not.

I fully agree Costa should rarely finish a game of football, but because of the things he does in most games, not some reputation he carries around.
    Well that doesn't make sense!?!? Your reputation IS based on what you have done. Costa is a thug, based on THINGS HE HAS DONE, it's his reputation
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    No, his reputation should have no bearing on how he is judged in the next match, but it does.

An elbow is an elbow, a dive is a dive, etc etc, whether it is done by a "thug" or "not that sort of player".
    No, his reputation should have no bearing on how he is judged in the next match, but it does.

An elbow is an elbow, a dive is a dive, etc etc, whether it is done by a "thug" or "not that sort of player".
    We are clearly talking about different things. I'm not saying judge him on past episodes, I'm saying he's a repeat offender who invariably doesn't get correctly processed by refs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    axisus said:

We are clearly talking about different things. I'm not saying judge him on past episodes, I'm saying he's a repeat offender who invariably doesn't get correctly processed by refs
    This is it isn't it?

Somebody that's never shown any dirty behaviour, never elbowed anyone or whatever should be given a bit of leeway/benefit of the doubt.

It happens in all walks of life from workplace absences to the legal system.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

Yay! Win for Big Sam and England. 
  • WBA - WHU.  

WTF!?
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    WBA - WHU.  

WTF!?
    And until the defence tightens up then WH will continue to ship 4 goals a match.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9799
    edited September 2016
    WBA - WHU.  

WTF!?
    I'm sure MOTD enjoyed blaming it on how bad West Ham's defence was and not that we played well and were much more clinical than West Ham. We always get mocked for not scoring many goals but I reckon if you were to work out our shots to goals scored ratio, it would be a lot higher than supposedly better attacking teams who miss 90% of their opportunities.

Though in actual fact I think the only thing West Ham "beat" us on yesterday was possession? We had (I think) more shots, more on target, more corners, and more goals. I think possibly less fouls too?

And that's without being gifted a practically free big stadium and thus more money to spend on lots of players
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3628
    mike_l said:
    WBA - WHU.  

WTF!?
    And until the defence tightens up then WH will continue to ship 4 goals a match.

It would help if we had a striker!

Zaza is pony, Calleri not much better.

If it hadn't been for Antonio our GD would be even worse!