JHS @

What's Hot
GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8824
in FX tFB Trader
I actually forgot to post about this, to my own surprise. 

Last year I commented on a post by Andy Timmons. I was amazed when he got into conversation with me and promised to send me his new JHS signature pedal. And this is literally a signature pedal! As well as some other goodies (I'll add pics later) it was accompanied by a lovely note from the man himself.

Andy Timmons, to me, is everything that music should represent. A true gentleman and the best player out there (imo).

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/Lonestar83/Mobile Uploads/FC188593-949A-4D4C-81CB-EB020D344F2A_zpsepmzvxa7.jpg

For the record, this is hands down the best distortion box I've ever played. Both as a stand alone distortion or mild overdrive it is quite simply outstanding.
1reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    He just sent you one? 

Not to pry, but surely you paid? If not, you must have said exactly the right thing! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    Wow. Always nice when your heros live up to expectations. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8824
    tFB Trader
    joeyowen said:
    He just sent you one? 

Not to pry, but surely you paid? If not, you must have said exactly the right thing! 
    Apparently I was early and on the ball. I said I loved the play on the "@". The next thing we got chatting and he said "you need this pedal in your life." 

I found a whole whole new level of respect and love for him.

Wow. Always nice when your heros live up to expectations. :)
    Yeah and after meeting a few "stars" (being somewhat disappointed) I can honestly say if love to talk face to face with him. He's not an idol that is be dumb struck by, I actually believe I could talk to him for hours.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    That's epic! Fair play to him, and congrats to you! 
  • AdjiAdji Frets: 142
    tFB Trader
    Wow excellent. I really like Timmons and he does seem like just  genuine guy, no illusions of grandeur at all.

tFB Trader
    Thanks guys. I've always remembered you for being quite the Timmons fan @Adji .

I just to catch up with how good you are to get the best out of the pedal now ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Cool!  
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited August 2016
    I've met Andy in person twice and spoken to him a few times via email when purchasing from his web store as he runs it himself 

He's a top fella, really nice guy that makes time for his fans and really appreciates them
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I've met Andy in person twice and spoken to him a few times via email when purchasing from his web store as he runs it himself 

He's a top fella, really nice guy that makes time for his fans and really appreciates them
    I really wanted to get to Andertons a few years back to meet him. A real pity, he doesn't come to the UK that much.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Cool story.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I just realised the AT pedal uses the @ symbol because that's the symbol for "at" in an email address and Andy Timmons initials are AT.  Cheers mate.