SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fender Twin Reverb - £650 (offers welcome)

MrMontychristoMrMontychristo Frets: 3
edited August 2016 in Amps £
I bought this amp early February and honestly just haven't had time to use it, and now that i'm going to uni i could do with the funds. This was the description from the guy i bought it off:

This amp started out as a limited edition '65 reissue Fender Twin with a 15" speaker.

I've had it from new for just over 5 years and we've done a lot of gigs together which is surprising considering its condition.

A couple years ago I had it serviced and completely rewired by Steve Dove. He threw out the PCB board inside and installed a hand wired, point to point board inside. The circuit was taken from an original '64 Fender Twin he had in for service in the shop. 

The tone from this amp is incredible and I'll be sorry to see her go.

On top of the blackface mods, the normal channel was also modified to be a Deluxe circuit (22 watts) for a lower power than the higher wattage Twin circuit in the Vibrato channel. The normal channel was also wired to be able to utilise the reverb and vibrato effects (normally only available in the vibrato channel).  The treble knob on the vibrato channel also has a push-pull knob which introduces a small gain boost into the circuit.

It's an absolutely killer amp. It takes pedals like no other (well, almost, see my other auctions) and I'll be very sorry to see her go.

There's a small issue currently with the reverb circuit but that appears to just be a small wire on the back which needs a 30 second soldering job - I just don't have a soldering iron and haven't had a chance for Steve to take a look yet.

The amp was also recently completely re-valved with some particularly tasty valves. I'll double check what these are and update. 

Pictures : 

http://imgur.com/edvQ80r

http://imgur.com/a/eHupm

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments