Laney VC30 users

midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
Wondering how people use their s.  I use to always use the drive channel on a low crunch for rhythm and boost for solos with a tube screamer. Lately I've set to clean channel and had a tube screamer on all the time , backed off guitar volume knob (Les Paul) then turned up for solos. I always found both ways a bit hit and miss, . Just wondered what you do with yours
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I was always a rat into the clean channel! Always got compliments on my tone.
  • timmysoft said:
    I was always a rat into the clean channel! Always got compliments on my tone.
    Did you play clean rhythm then? I always had a little bit of crunch
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    I had a 1x12 and it was great. I used pedals into the clean channel, which is fantastic, and then used to kick in the drive channel for solos. I really loved my VC30.
  • I have a VC30 112, but it's more of a backup amp these days. I used to used a Rangemaster treble booster clone on all the time with the clean channel. I preferred the breakup tones from the Treble Boost against the Drive channel. I also used to use an overdrive (TS or Marshall Bluesbreaker) as a solo boost. Lovely sounding amp, I should give it a blast again but I've been using a Mesa combo which is a slightly more versatile amp for my needs at the moment.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2912
    Do they actually sound like an AC30 or is that a myth? I do like a Vox clean sound but laney are much more affordable!
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    The clean channel has a similar feel to a Vox. It's very responsive and chimney but I dont think it sounds very much like a Vox. It gets very loud before it breaks up. The dirty channel isn't Vox-like at all.
  • I think it's just a similar name ac30. Vc30. 
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    TTBZ said:
    Do they actually sound like an AC30 or is that a myth? I do like a Vox clean sound but laney are much more affordable!
    They sound nothing like an AC30 tbh. The AC30's signature sound to me is how it smoothly winds up into chimey crunch in a single channel. The vc30 is more of a clean amp like a fender hot rod or summit.