Well that as an expensive practice....plus thomann delivery times?

What's Hot
PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7300
so I failed to follow @ICBM s advice to get my amp revised and my JVM packed in tonight. Sound just died. If you listen carefully there's a tiny amount of sound coming out but less than the volume of a pair of earbuds.

to make things worse when isolating each component, amp, cab, cable etc we accidentally wired my JVM ( thankfully off and unplugged from mains) into my singers Marshall avt.

there was fire.

pretty sure the avt is dead as there's loads of melted components on the board.

so we have acces to a Jcm one of us can borrow and I've put in an order at thomann for a  jet city jca50h. Question is anyone know if they are likely to deliver in time for a gig on Sunday?

meanwhile JVM will be off to an amp tech ASAP  and I owe our singer money to pick up a new avt at some point.

my wallet hurts
ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Ouch!! :( 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh man that sucks. You're cutting it fine with Thomann. It might arrive in time, I find it is usually 3-4 business days and I guess it'll be dispatched today. I'd still look up a backup plan just in case you have any issues, even if it turns up on time there's a tiny chance there'll be an issue/shipping damage but no time to turn it around.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Honestly - I don't think you'll get it in time.

I've ordered a lot from them and the delivery is great - but international shipping has never been that quick for me, sorry I hope I'm wrong - it's always been about a week for me by the time I actually have the thing
  • How did you melt the AVT?

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Not sure if they've got the JCA50H in stock but I'd consider cancelling the order with Thomann and ordering direct from Jet City UK.  I've been in contact with them before and they seem very eager to help.  My amp was ordered on a Monday, shipped on Tuesday and turned up on the Wednesday.  

If you were to order it now and ring them up to explain the time pressure they might be able to get it out for you today.
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Just checked.  It look like the only head they've got in stock is the custom 22.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Every time I've ordered from Thomann it took between 4 and 5 days to arrive, apart from one time it took 14.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11970
    edited August 2016
    phone Thomann, and ask them, 
    normally  you could not rely on delivery by friday
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7300
    spoke to Thomann, they are sending by UPS 2-3 day delivery but not guaranteed so is going to be tight. Amp techs round here are all saying several weeks for a repair of the AVT.

Backup plan is either going straight to PA or via a powered wedge with my GT-10 at the moment.

I dont feel very comfortable asking to borrow an amp when ive just blown up 2 :D
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    How did you melt the AVT?

Well we were trying to verify if the cab or possibly speaker cable was the source of failure. So what we intended to do was plug his head into my speaker cable and cab. Unfortunately we both have the same speaker cable so all the end look alike, so what we actually did was plug the AVT speaker out, into the speaker out of my JVM.

Suffice to say I wouldn't recommend this configuration.

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • PolarityMan said:
     Unfortunately we both have the same speaker cable so all the end look alike, so what we actually did was plug the AVT speaker out, into the speaker out of my JVM
    Sounds like a job for coloured tape
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I have now.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • spoke to Thomann, they are sending by UPS 2-3 day delivery but not guaranteed so is going to be tight. Amp techs round here are all saying several weeks for a repair of the AVT.

Backup plan is either going straight to PA or via a powered wedge with my GT-10 at the moment.

I dont feel very comfortable asking to borrow an amp when ive just blown up 2 :D
    next time I'd ask if anyone had an amp you could borrow, THEN relay story about melting the AVT on Monday after gig. 
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 915
    Dave, if all else fails you can borrow my backup head if you like (Quilter Toneblock 200).  I'm gigging at the Master Builder pub in West End on Friday - if you pop along you can take it after we're done.  It can be set quite flat for the GT-10 or you can get a pretty mid-heavy sound out of the EQ/contour knob if need be.
    Or just send Tim over and he can grab it!  :)
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2016
    Nice one, I'll let you know if the JCA50h doesn't turn up and I'm looking stuck. btw I'm heading over to http://www.sutamps.com/ with the JVM tonight to drop it off on your recommendation. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 915
    Cool - Raphael's a good guy!  
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    Yeah had a good chat with him last night, he reckons it's almost certainly one or more failed power valves.

Given I have had the amp from new since 2007 or 2008 and its been doing minimum 4 hour rehearsals every week on pretty close to full chat plus gigs I reckon its a miracle that I havent needed them sooner.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Well UPS tracker says out for delivery from Southampton depot at 5:38am this morning! checked with wife and no sign of it yet though....this could be tight but might jsut about make it.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Well....?
    the tension is unbearable.