Cab advice

What's Hot
sherpa_mansherpa_man Frets: 726
I'm looking for a good cab, I have a Mesa jp2c and a Friedman butterslax.

i would like a 2x12 as I am limited with space.

what can you recommend?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CatthanCatthan Frets: 366
    SPAM ALERT!!!
    My cab maybe?

Big & light, played it with a MkV and a LSC; sounded great. 
  • Mesa Rectifier 2x12 should work well with the JP, if that Friedman amp works well with V30s it will probably work well there too.
  • sherpa_mansherpa_man Frets: 726
    Mesa Rectifier 2x12 should work well with the JP, if that Friedman amp works well with V30s it will probably work well there too.

horizontal or vertical?

• get a wooden one with some celestion speakers inside.
    get a wooden one with some celestion speakers inside.
    Are the woodern ones more expensive?
  • Mesa Rectifier 2x12 should work well with the JP, if that Friedman amp works well with V30s it will probably work well there too.

horizontal or vertical?

I've never tried the vertical, but it is different dimensions so it will sound different.

I've got two of the horizontals and I think they're one of the best cabs you can get - very well made and I think they sound great.  They're essentially the same dimensions as the bottom two speakers of a 4x12 cab, so plenty of tight punch.  I've tended to find going beyond that amount of space per speaker (assuming a closed back cab) means it is looser and bigger sounding, but more deep and thumpy than tight and punchy, if that makes sense.
    Mesa Rectifier 2x12 should work well with the JP, if that Friedman amp works well with V30s it will probably work well there too.

horizontal or vertical?

I've never tried the vertical, but it is different dimensions so it will sound different.

I've got two of the horizontals and I think they're one of the best cabs you can get - very well made and I think they sound great.  They're essentially the same dimensions as the bottom two speakers of a 4x12 cab, so plenty of tight punch.  I've tended to find going beyond that amount of space per speaker (assuming a closed back cab) means it is looser and bigger sounding, but more deep and thumpy than tight and punchy, if that makes sense.
    Great stuff, that's what I thought. I will get one on order now!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72598
    Get the horizontal and fit a second set of feet on one end :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    edited August 2016
    ICBM said:
    Get the horizontal and fit a second set of feet on one end .
    As @digitalscream did to his JetCity cab, which I now have. 
    Makes it very practical in tight spots. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom