Dedicated loopers vs M9

What's Hot
LongtallronnieLongtallronnie Frets: 1201
Ive got a Line6 M9 that I've started using the looper for solo acoustic gigs. Iy does the job well, using the undo function I can build a loop, then add/subtract parts for the chorus etc. 

But im wondering what a dedicated looper could offer and if it'd be worth shelling out on?

Im not interested in saving loops but setting up separate verse and chorus might be handy. Ability to connect a mic would be cool too. 

At first glance, the ones I've seen either look too complicated (Boss RC300) or too basic (TC Ditto) I haven't looked too closely though tbh. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Do you need more than 28 seconds of looping? (I think its 28 seconds on the m9)?

If the answer is no, I'd take the "if its not broke approach"
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited August 2016
    The m9 is a great looper full stop. There aren't that many reasonably priced loopers that can hold two sections. Ditto x4?
  • That's pretty much confirmed my suspicions. Just wondered if there was something out there I'd missed. The only gripe with the M9 is having to switch between fx mode and loop mode but I've got a custom midi switcher that still needs some bugs sorting out. Hopefully that'll sort that issue out.