Forgive my ignorance but....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26772
    Babones said:

For example, Nuno Bettencourt used a Fender Vibrolux for most of the guitars on Waiting for the Punchline.
    Vibroverb. One of the 90s '63 reissues I believe.
    Ah, yes. I can never remember which one it was, and searching that thread on TGP for it bent my brain.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 977
    Thanks to everyone who has answered on here.... I tried a 1983 Fender twin in Coda yesterday.....sound fantastic...but the weight...!!...I'm getting too old to lump one of those in and out of venues... :)
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72668
    skaguitar said:

Thanks to everyone who has answered on here.... I tried a 1983 Fender twin in Coda yesterday.....sound fantastic...but the weight...!!...I'm getting too old to lump one of those in and out of venues... :)
    That's quite a rare version - it's the Twin Reverb II from the short-lived Paul Rivera-designed series. It doesn't really sound like a typical Twin, although the clean channel isn't that far away.

The good news is that if you like that sound but not the weight, there are two smaller models which are similar - the Concert (60W, 1x12" - heavy but about half the weight of that Twin!) and the Deluxe Reverb II (20W, 1x12" - fairly manageable). The Deluxe is quite rare but not impossibly so - the Concert is the most common model in the range, although it also came in 2x10" and 4x10" versions which are rare.

(The Super Champ and Princeton Reverb II are also from this series but sound fairly different.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 977
    ICBM said:
    skaguitar said:

That's quite a rare version - it's the Twin Reverb II from the short-lived Paul Rivera-designed series. It doesn't really sound like a typical Twin, although the clean channel isn't that far away.

The good news is that if you like that sound but not the weight, there are two smaller models which are similar - the Concert (60W, 1x12" - heavy but about half the weight of that Twin!) and the Deluxe Reverb II (20W, 1x12" - fairly manageable). The Deluxe is quite rare but not impossibly so - the Concert is the most common model in the range, although it also came in 2x10" and 4x10" versions which are rare.

(The Super Champ and Princeton Reverb II are also from this series but sound fairly different.)
    Thanks...yes they did mention Paul Rivera .....I'm now going to check out the other amps you've mentioned as I really liked the sound for what I play ( ska and reggae ) but as I said the weight is putting me off.

You've been most helpful.....cheers
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • 57Deluxe said:
    do all humans you talk to sound the same?
    From a dogs point of view prob yes. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.