Mexican Baja 2010

What's Hot
mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4686
Been offered a trade for my PRS on a Mexican Baja 2010 , whats everyone thoughts on these? 
i already have the Squier Classic Vibe, are they much better?  what they worth Second hand ? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AndyRAndyR Frets: 158
    edited August 2016
    I've got one from around then. I'm not selling it, but I'd expect to get about £450, give or take, if I was lucky and found the right buyer. I might be completely wrong on this, though!! (I never sell anything!)

Can't say whether it's "better" than the Classic Vibe, it's different. I tried a CV when they came out (strat and tele), I found them both too "small" in my hands - talking mainly of the neck here, but the whole thing felt "smaller" - reminded me of a JV Squier strat I have from 1983. The original Bajas are a lot more chunky, I MUCH prefer them myself, but "better"? I wouldn't like to say, a lot of people prefer the CV.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4686
    Cheers for the response @AndyR ;

im dithering wether to accept the guys offer and then sell the Classic Vibe, or just hang on to the CV and wait to see what comes up with the PRS. 
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2911
    Much higher standard than the CV tele different league. 

Get one u won't be disappointed. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They can be on the heavy side, so if that is an issue for you find out up front what it weighs.  Otherwise the spec is good and the stock pickups are excellent.  The neck is on the thicker side of things which again is personal taste
    i dont mind a bit of weight, im a big lad :-) 
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    I'm semi-looking for a Baja and prices are climbing. Well, the retail price for a new one hiked is and now people are asking strong money for a used one. £500-550 starting bids with comments like "no offers" on eBay auctions at the moment. No way I'd pay that for one if they're around the £750 mark new.

Price has pretty much ruled one out for me at the moment, much as I'd like one.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2029
    There's been a couple for sale recently locally for £500 with little sign of movement. A slightly battered one (couple of dings in the usual places) went up for £350 and sold immediately.

I'd pay £350-375 but no more. They're lovely if you like a thick neck but vary in quality (I've had a fantastic example which I stupidly sold and a rattly one with uneven frets that I hated and was delighted to shift on). 

Let's face it. A Tele is a block of wood, really. I couldn't ever justify paying much above £400 for one!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    so could be a decent deal, im still debating. i would then need to move me CV as i have no need for 2, but if the Baja is an upgrade then could be a decent enough deal 
    I meant to add above...

I don't know if these Bajas are selling at that kind of £500+ price range, but that's what I'm trying to find out at the moment so I can figure out if I'm going after one or not. Somehow, £400 seems to be the right figure for me, but I don't really know how I've concluded that! :)
    I meant to add above...

I don't know if these Bajas are selling at that kind of £500+ price range, but that's what I'm trying to find out at the moment so I can figure out if I'm going after one or not. Somehow, £400 seems to be the right figure for me, but I don't really know how I've concluded that! :)
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    £400-£450 max I would say. Prices have been creeping up as the new prices hike. The bonus of buying secondhand Is usually people upgrade to a case and you'd hope its had a decent set up too. So bear that in mind.

• blueskunk said:

Having had both, that's bollocks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    ok @Rigid_Digits ;

explain :-) 
    blueskunk said:

Having had both, that's bollocks.
    U obviously don't know your shit then sunshine. ;)
  • Nah he's right. There's very little in it between them - though the hardware is slightly better on the Baja, and the chunkier neck is (subjectively) nicer on it too. Other than the neck profile there's nothing I'd choose the Baja itself for over a CV.
  • stickersticker Frets: 869

don't Baja's have custom shop pick-ups and S1 switching ?

I thought they all came with a CS vintage in the bridge and a twisted Tele in the neck  , surely that's an upgrade from a CV ? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12449
    They are much better than the CV, and the CV is a great guitar. Baja used to change hands regularly for £350-£380 up until about 18 months ago.

Have they gone up in price new? I guess not many will be going for £450+ S/H although you never know.

Ive never paid over £380 (actually just remembered I got one off ebay in Fender hard case for £400)

The stock pickups are amazing BTW
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    The CV is a good guitar FOR THE MONEY. But the pickups on the Baja are much much better.
    Nah he's right. There's very little in it between them - though the hardware is slightly better on the Baja, and the chunkier neck is (subjectively) nicer on it too. Other than the neck profile there's nothing I'd choose the Baja itself for over a CV.
    Nah
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chalky said:
    The CV is a good guitar FOR THE MONEY. But the pickups on the Baja are much much better.
    But are they £300 better?
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom