Nux Mod Force

What's Hot
DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nux-Modulation-Digital-Guitar-Effects/dp/B00BK3V8DO

Have heard about Nux products for the past year or so, and was just wondering if they were any good? I know, 'for the money' it's a steal, but I don't want to have to take it to a gig and then find out it'll pack up on me half way through, or make my tone sound like dirge.

Also any other fairly inexpensive multi-modulation pedals about that I don't know about?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    edited August 2016
    For the price it's amazing. I bought a Mod Force and a Time Force, for even cheaper. The sounds are actually pretty good but the jacks on both of them went dodgy fairly quickly. Theyr'e probably OK for messing around at home with but I'd never rely on them for gigs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Hmm yeah the construction does look a bit rough, and I can be rather heavy footed during gigs (especially if I decide to wear my steelies). Might plump for a ZCat Q-Mod even if more than double the price, but they look the business.

A Zoom MS70CDR perhaps also but it's packed with so many effects I'd spend more time arsing around twiddling knobs and settings rather than getting creative with my material.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    Funny enough I spotted the Nux Tape Core earlier and that looks interesting. There's a demo on YouTube I'm going to watch later. 

The Nux pedals have a 'lock'  feature -  I think this effectively gives a preset? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I have a ModCore which is absolutely brilliant (for the 18 quid I paid for it!). Actually, it's the second one I've had as the first gave up the ghost and I found it necessary to have a replacement. Great sounds (if not necessarily faithful recreations) that sit nicely in a band situation. BTW, the replacement one has lasted for a few years now.

edited August 2016
    They have a set of 9 presets you can choose by cycling through. You can choose 1-3, 4-6, 7-9 or 1-9. You put it into preset mode and then just use the footswitch to cylce through them. 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Think I'll take the plunge. What's the worst that could happen?
    Quite. I still have mine, they still (mostly) work and if I want a mess around with them they're there. When they break completely then they'll go into recycling and I won't have felt I'd wasted my money.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    Sorry, not trying to hijack this but now got the tape core YouTube demo on and I'm preferring this to demoes of stuff I've seen three times the price. Assuming it doesn't fall apart then the Nux stuff does look interesting and not just, as far as I can see ( I may well have missed something), a bunch of clones. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Agreed. They're cool pedals with poor build quality (in my personal experience), especially the "FORCE" series which have a little colour LCD and presets and tap capability.