Line 6 G10 ?

hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
edited August 2016 in FX
From the design it looks like its designed to go on a desktop but are there any obvious downsides for live work? 

I would get the G30 again but I hated how flimsy the transmitter felt.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    Isn't G50 transmitter made of metal ?
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    ya but its twice as much/
  • does look good.. maybe the lack of channel control wont suit some.. whats the range like??
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Looking at reviews its got a stupid mini usb in rather than a 9 volt. Apparantly it can be charged off a PP2s aux though.
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 231
    Yes - mini usb. Mine sits beside my amp and is always charged. Works well live with good range - done a few gigs now without issue. Easy to swap between guitars and it mutes the signal as you unplug it.
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Just picked one of these up today and will be testing tomorrow, rehearsing midweek then gigging it. Had a G30 but felt it was overkill for pub gigs and sold it but playing bigger places now and I want to roam and annoy our other guitarist :p Also good to get out FoH to hear the mix at soundcheck! 

Was worried about the USB but you can power it from a standalone power brick type device that you would use for your mobile etc (5v) and the mute function when changing it to other guitars is great = lot easier than swapping the pack for a G30 to another strap or having 2 packs etc.

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    I have one and love it. Gigged it once and used in rehearsals plenty of other times. No hassle setup...it just works.
  • jgmoutonjgmouton Frets: 30
    It worked well while it worked.  After a week it did not want to charge any more and I had to send it back.
    It seems the smooth hound wireless is in the same price veavker
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I use rechargeables with my smoothhound and have a spare set charging while I'm playing,  I check the meter on the receiver before playing.    This weekend I did 3 gigs and a rehearsal and they still have plenty of life.