Can you 'binge watch' TV shows?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
I just can't do it. One episode of anything and I just have to get up and do something else. Mrs A and 15 yr old daughter sat through the first season of 'Stranger things' in one sitting.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Oh I can if its good enough. Finding enough downtime to do it is another matter
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17645
    tFB Trader
    I sometimes watch two episodes of something back to back, but I don't think I've ever got beyond 3
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Jalapeno said:
    Oh I can if its good enough. Finding enough downtime to do it is another matter
    Exactly this. I watched nearly the whole of Season 1 of Daredevil in one sitting. And there are countless others where I'll happily watch 3 or 4 at a time, maybe more, if I can find the time to do so. 
  • axisus said:
    I just can't do it. One episode of anything and I just have to get up and do something else. Mrs A and 15 yr old daughter sat through the first season of 'Stranger things' in one sitting.
    Took me about 3 weeks to watch that! Someone at work did the same. I'm not sure how people do it?!

I have a friend who will go to the cinema and watch 3 films in a row!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    My eldest has been watching Parks and Recreation for about two hours per night.  This is a show I quite liked that I have now developed a complete  aversion to.  
    No,  I can't really binge watch. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Seems like your Good Lady has what we in the trade call an "attention span" and has graciously imbued it in her daughter. You should be proud of them.

You, on the other hand, are like so many second-rate corporate managers I meet - they can't focus there minds on anything for more than an hour at best. Thankfully, no-one's life depends on them.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    I can't binge watch if that's all I'm doing but having a series on in the background while I'm gaming or making is my natural state of being. I get through shows pretty quickly but I do miss bits sometimes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1779
    Yes, very much so.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Finding the time can be difficult, but I did recently watch 3 episodes a night for 4 nights of 'Billions'. It was a great series...which helps.
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    edited August 2016
    I can't binge watch if that's all I'm doing but having a series on in the background while I'm gaming or making is my natural state of being. I get through shows pretty quickly but I do miss bits sometimes.
    Yeah similar, i watch loads of episodes of the same thing on TV while on my laptop.
    My V key is broken
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8494
    Chalky said:

You, on the other hand, are like so many second-rate corporate managers I meet - they can't focus there minds on anything for more than an hour at best. Thankfully, no-one's life depends on them.
    Wow.  B)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Worst case I ever had was watching The Killing series 1 - me and the missus would "just one more" into the wee small hours.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    only 2 series i have managed to watch more than 2 episodes of in one sitting are Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. 
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4647
    Recently did a marathon Hobbit/LOTRs with my son all extended editions
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1509
    I watched all of Stranger Things in about two days.

It took me about three weeks to watch the entire volume of The Sopranos. About a month for Oz. Couple of weeks for each season of Orange Is The New Black. A week for Better Call Saul. Each season of Breaking Bad got whizzed through up until Season 4 when I had to watch it week by week.

Yes, I am a binge watcher if the show is to my tastes. However I've been stuck on Season 1 of The Wire for about a year now.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1847
    It's the only way I watch series these day. We record the whole series and then watch the whole thing over a few nights. We have about 5 or 6 recorded and ready to watch. If we watched them "live" at broadcast we'd be trying to keep up with several series at once and would end up confused. Skipping the adverts is essential too.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27123
    Generally I can't do more than a couple of hours of something, but last weekend I did binge about 6 hours of Supernatural. 

Parks and Rec is another good one for it. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    edited August 2016
    I can binge things like Community or Parks and Rec, because they're quite easily watchable.

The hour long episode series like Mad Men and the Sopranos aren't so easy, based on the time needed to watch them. I can watch 2 episodes of those but anything more than that is difficult not from a concentration point of view, but because I like to process what's going on. I tried to binge them at times but found my focus kept on dipping in and out after a few, making the actual act of watching them less enjoyable. 

A little bit of restraint goes a long way to making series more enjoyable I find. One episode a day makes you look forward to the next that much more.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28436
    I prefer one episode a day. Otherwise it gets like eating the same meal several times on the trot.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    jpttaylor said:
    I can binge things like Community or Parks and Rec.
    Those two, plus Archer, are my go-to 20-minuter background watching. I must have "watched" Community all the way through half-a-dozen times.