looper with pitch shift between octaves (not just octave jumps)

What's Hot
Hey, i am looking for a new looper. I have been using a number of software ones that afford variable control between octaves and am wanting to start doing this in my live set, but im definitely not up for bringing a laptop / soundcard to gigs as in the past i have found that to be the way of unreliability stress and complications. 

The kind of pitch control i mean is the kind of sound you get using a delay just on the edge of feeding back and then adjusting the time. That kind of freedom but in a looper not a delay (aka, so i can tap in and out points and also might record up to 30 seconds etc...)

I have been looking round for loop pedals that give this option. A number offer 'loop fx' such as reverse (which i also want) but the octave functions are always for 1/2 or x2 speed, never a smooth variable control between the two. 

I didnt look super deeply though, just the big obvious companies, i was wondering if you guys knew of anyloop pedal out there that might do the job? I thought perhaps a Kaoss pad but there you have different problems that the loops have to be in a particular measure of tempo which isnt super useful either...

Cheers!

t
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1266
    I have no experience of the EHX loopers but I seem to remember the top-ot-the-range ones (they seem to upgrade the model periodically) can do something like this.

The EHX 45000 claims "Loop speed is adjustable over a two octave range, and reverse recording and playback are also possible" which would seem to cover what you're describing.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Time factors looper can do it but it doesent loop that long.
  • Cheers for the replies!

@hugbot - cool thanks, good to know. Its an option!

@steamacacus - i just watched a number of videos and i think the tempo is adjustable but seems to be tied into tempo syncing the loops. Il check otu my local guitar store see if they have one to try out!
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4554
    Boss DSD-2? Only has a 4 second loop time though which is pretty shitty
  • DesVegas said:
    Boss DSD-2? Only has a 4 second loop time though which is pretty shitty
    wow, didnt know that existed. Looks kind of cool, I'll check it out, thanks!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4554
    No worries, it does look kinda interesting