Live acts: which ones consistantly scale the heights of genius?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• ewalewal Frets: 2584
    These threads just highlight the wide range of musical tastes on this forum! The band I thought of was A Silver Mt Zion who would generally be viewed as an offshoot of Godspeed You Black Emperor. But I've always found them to be miles better live - Efrim is just such a different character with his discussions with the crowd... But then that probably is a pointless observation unless you've actually experienced it:)
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    Ahh, remembered Seth Lakeman who I've seen four times, I think. I'm not hugely bothered by his recorded output but he is so full of energy live, wonderful performer. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ahh, remembered Seth Lakeman who I've seen four times, I think. I'm not hugely bothered by his recorded output but he is so full of energy live, wonderful performer. 

+1

• randellarandella Frets: 4174
    edited August 2016
    Another of my all-time favourite live bands is the James Taylor Quartet. If you're into funk (and, to be honest, even if you're not) they are the business. They'll fill a modest sized room and take the roof off it every time, the musicianship is outstanding. kind of a sweat-running-down-the-walls, grin your face off band.